Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Movie Thread

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:33 pm

Media in general is fucked. There's so much oversaturation in the market that nothing new can gain traction even if it's good. Greedy movie assembly lines are just making the problem worse. The thing about old movies is they don't go away. So every new action movie that comes out has to compete with the last 80 years of action movies. Video games are a younger medium but we're seeing the same problem with them, especially on platforms like Steam.

The hollywood initial response to this was to make everything a fucking remake. Brand recognition, yo! The problem there is brand dilution. Look at Mahvul. Iron Man 1 was an amusing novelty. Now they've driven capeshit as a whole into the dirt. Star Trek did the same shit, and so did Disney Wars. In 20 years, none of these franchises will be recognizable as what they stood for in the 60+ years previous.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:40 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:17 am
A lot of those arthouse hits didn't have these bloated ass budgets - niche means managing your money better.
Absolutely. Everything from how much money they spent, to how they sold the movie, to where it played would have been handled with more realistic expectations before.

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:04 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:33 pm
Media in general is fucked. There's so much oversaturation in the market that nothing new can gain traction even if it's good.
Even bombs don't stick around in the public memory like they used to. Nobody is gonna be thinking about Mah Bois in a week.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:49 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:33 pm
Media in general is fucked. There's so much oversaturation in the market that nothing new can gain traction even if it's good.
Not only that but the almighty algorithm of the various streaming platforms will make sure to mostly recommend stuff similar to the stuff you've already watched. It is a perfect consoomer bubble.

(Unless it's a big turd like Rangz o' Powah, ads for which I am sure no subscriber to Amazon can escape from for the forseeable future.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:04 pm

Point being - faggot who starred in the movie should probably be angrier at the people who gave him money than the straights, because Limousine Liberal Judd Apatow did not need 20-30 million dollars worth of cocaine.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:26 pm

Apparently it was pushed hard in YouTube ads. I wouldn't know since I have an adblocker, like any sensible person.
I did see some ads on cable... it was either FXX or Comedy Central.

It all boils down to the fact that, despite all the virtue signaling, nobody wants to watch a woke faggot romcom. It doesn't matter how hard you push it, it ain't happenin'.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:57 pm

Precisely. Men don't watch romcoms in general unless dragged to watch by women and women won't watch this because it won't interest them. There was no audience.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:25 pm

Also because, while most people won't admit it, most people don't like faggots and will not watch a movie featuring them

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:17 pm

I mean it depends. Brokeback Mountain did well when it came out. It really depends how the movie is written. Bros for example looked like shit with how shitty the writing was in the trailer.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:36 pm

Dehbashi wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:17 pm
Brokeback Mountain did well when it came out
Yes, but there's lots of reasons for that. Mainly that it was a different time and different arguments. The controversy and critical praise back when film criticism as an institution actually had some credibility, in addition to the two gay cowboys being played by two teen heartthrobs, so there was something in it for women, all contributed to that film being such a success.

Nowadays, film criticism is a joke. Critics will lavish praise on pretty much anything they think straight white men are bound to hate. The media is not what it was so they can't whip up controversy the way that they did with Brokeback. The leads here are just two random faggots, and the chief argument for homosexuality has gone from being 'What's wrong with two men being gay if that's the way they're born' to 'If you're not okay with fifty men having a gangbang in front of your children, you're a homophobe'