Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:47 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:31 pm
I never got why her character even existed other than muh diversity.
According to Reeeeeeeeeeean "Manbaby" Johnson, he conceived Rose out of his childhood memories of an old high school crush. Originally, it was supposed to be Finn and Poe going on that pointless heist mission, but he swapped out Poe for Rose just because. Also, diversity + race mixing shit.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:06 pm

What does it say about his ally status that he put the two most diverse characters on the most pointless sub-plot in all of Star Wars?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:12 pm

It says that he cares, because niggers are too dumb to notice, the Asians don't care, and the cynical White "allies" clapping are going all in on pretending they care for good cuck points.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:34 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:42 pm
TBF, "bombers" in the realms of sci-fi generally don't actually drop bombs. They fire anti-capital missiles or torpedoes instead. Something like - I dunno - the Y-Wing was capable of.
I guess there were TIE Bombers in Empire Strikes Back. But they were dropping them on asteroid craters, so I figured maybe there might actually be some gravity there.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:38 pm

Oh right, the ones they were dropping when they tried to flush out the Falcon. Guess they migth have some use when attacking installations in gravity.
I recall that they can use these "proton bombs" in the Rogue Squadron titles, but that's mainly because a lot of missions take place in an atmosphere. When you move to the X-Wing / TIE-Fighter series of games, it's just missiles and torpedoes.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:16 am

Rapeculture wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:31 pm
I never got why her character even existed other than muh diversity. Her sister got killed by a space grenade or some dumb shit if I remember right. I'm just glad all this Star Wars bullshit is seemingly done for now, other than the shows that no one really cares about.
I would not be shocked if Rose was created and written so poorly so that all the negative feedback would be directed at her.

If they were gonna pander to the chineses I’d like to think they’d hire a much sexier actress.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:52 am

Why bother putting effort into writing your diverse character, if people are not allowed to critize her, lest they be deemed racist?
-Yours Truly

Jiangshi

Post by Jiangshi » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:10 am

Especially when you know that the rest of the plot is shit anyway, so the character will not be iconic even if it was written well.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:59 pm

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:16 am
If they were gonna pander to the chineses I’d like to think they’d hire a much sexier actress.
If they were pandering to china they'd hire a chinese actress and not a korean.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:05 pm

From the wrong Korea, I assume.
-Yours Truly