Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Movie Thread

Post by rabidtictac » Thu May 25, 2023 6:16 am

Fast and Furious fans are like zombie Star Wars or capeshit fans. They tune in to see "awesome shit" happen on the screen. Whether it's real or CGI doesn't matter. If the story is good or not, doesn't matter. That's what summer blockbusters have become now.

It's pointless to grade Fast and Furious movies because they are a law unto themselves. There's no good or bad, just "did this make the person who already watches and likes F&F movies happy?"
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu May 25, 2023 8:55 am

The 7th one is so stupid it becomes kind of fun - mainly because Vin Diesel is too autistic to realize how retarded this all is. I don’t think I’ve seen one in the theater since.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Thu May 25, 2023 9:18 am

I've never outright hated "Crystal Skull", but it's the one I watch the least. It's the movie equivalent to a shirt that I never wear unless I have nothing else that's clean. Shia LeBouf is my biggest problem with it. My second is that Indiana Jones himself sucks. He's not cool anymore. I don't want old Indiana Jones.

This is something that the James Bond movies get right. They don't age him. No one wants old James Bond marrying some bitch we last saw him with 25 years ago.

I don't think they should replace Harrison Ford. I think they should have just ended it. "The Last Crusade" has a perfect ending. Indy riding off into the sunset. That's all we ever needed.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu May 25, 2023 9:31 am

Older James Bond can work, though. Maud Adams is one of the better Bond girls. Geezer Bond sucks in View to a Kill and Never Say Never Again - though.
Crystal Skull isn’t the worst movie ever - but it’s mostly lame. There are worse movies and worse Spielberg movies (two, if he does Ready Player Two as well). I agree that Last Crusade was a satisfying ending.
ebin namefag wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 25, 2023 9:43 am

Will a Ready Player Two movie even happen? There have been announcements for movie adaptions of that one and his other book Armada, but nothing more concrete.
In fact the movie announcement for Two came a month after the book's release - but people ended up hating the book. Even fans of One realized the guy's an autistic one-trick pony, and he has lost all relevancy with the end of 2020.

Dude also indulged in atrocious writing which I bet he figured a movie studio will later fix for him. There's like a boss rush against different incarnations of Prince which he summarizes like some kind of video game walkthrough.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu May 25, 2023 11:07 am

Why the fuck did you read that
ebin namefag wrote:

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu May 25, 2023 11:35 am

RAPEMAN wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 4:30 am
Rushy wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 7:26 pm
Anyone who let the whole "heart ripped out and guy still alive" thing slide has to forgive the fridge. Or that time that Indiana Jones casually proved God's existence and never mentioned it again. Or that time they jumped off a plane in an inflatable boat and gently kissed the river below.

These movies have always been pulpy and ridiculous, and changing the theme from magic treasure to flying saucer doesn't affect the quality of them. Neither does five seconds of CG monkeys. The action and pacing of Crystal Skull is just as on point as it was in the first three films. So is the acting. Yes, Shia too. He's fine. It's not Spielberg's fault he became a meme later.
Your take is shit.
Don't worry, one day you will wake from your denial and I'll be there to support your first steps into a larger world. :D
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 25, 2023 11:54 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:07 am
Why the fuck did you read that
I didn't
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Thu May 25, 2023 12:24 pm

Rushy wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:35 am
one day you will wake from your denial and I'll be there to support your first steps into a larger world.
Are these the first words you hear when one enters hell?
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu May 25, 2023 12:31 pm

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 12:24 pm
Rushy wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:35 am
one day you will wake from your denial and I'll be there to support your first steps into a larger world.
Are these the first words you hear when one enters hell?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.