Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
CuckTurdginson

Re: Movie Thread

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:53 pm

In the context of the movie, it does highlight the cultural differences between the Jets and the Sharks and emphasize the rift between them - it’s an abstract choice, though and definitely a near impossible sell to the masses.
A near impossible sell on top of the already difficult sell of a West Side Story remake.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:52 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:53 pm
In the context of the movie, it does highlight the cultural differences between the Jets and the Sharks and emphasize the rift between them - it’s an abstract choice, though and definitely a near impossible sell to the masses.
A near impossible sell on top of the already difficult sell of a West Side Story remake.
What a complete, drowsy-headed moron take. Just like Old Paedowoodkike McBurgercentricfag, you're missing the point by leaps and bounds.

1. Subtitles are just so one can follow the movie.

2. No Latino or Latina likes being called "Latinx". Might as well call them niggers.

3. >muh foreign language wankery doesn't work for a burger movie with Spanish.
For a Spurdo it might seem perfectly valid to speak Spanish as a second language. That's it. You know who speaks Spanish in Europe? Half the Spanish people. Nobody else. You know what their second language is? None.
Outside Europe and South Africa nobody speaks the language and SA doesn't matter to anyone but Burgers.
That's like me expecting the Chinks to speak Turkish or Russian because it could be handy here.
That attempt at being cosmopolitan misses it's mark by coming off as even more of a narrow-minded hick with a Burger worldview by overeating Spanish as a language.

4. "Especially Costa Ricans"
Now you've alienated everyone remaining. Nobody likes Costa Rica! Mexicans hate it, Cubans hate it, none want to be compared with it. Even Haitians want nothing to do with it, despite being the niggers of SA - often literally.

Cultural insensitivity is one thing. Pretending to be cosmopolitan and showing to the world that you're even more of a sheltered Burger spastic than even the most mean-spirited anti-Ammikäfer person suspects you are is just embarassing.

I bet the daft grandpa sits in his mansion, wondering what went wrong. He used all the words and signalled all his virtue! Why didn't it work? He will never figure it out.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:05 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:52 pm
2. No Latino or Latina likes being called "Latinx". Might as well call them niggers.
I do.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:32 am

Latinx or Nigger?

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:12 am

Judging from that blather they quoted in the article I'm not Spielberg even speaks English any more himself

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:55 am

I've also stumbled upon the alternative "Latine" somewhere, though I think that one is a bit too close to "latrine" to ever catch on.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:52 pm
3. >muh foreign language wankery doesn't work for a burger movie with Spanish.
For a Spurdo it might seem perfectly valid to speak Spanish as a second language. That's it. You know who speaks Spanish in Europe? Half the Spanish people. Nobody else. You know what their second language is? None.
Outside Europe and South Africa nobody speaks the language and SA doesn't matter to anyone but Burgers.
That's like me expecting the Chinks to speak Turkish or Russian because it could be handy here.
That attempt at being cosmopolitan misses it's mark by coming off as even more of a narrow-minded hick with a Burger worldview by overeating Spanish as a language.
I must also say that gatekeeping part of the movie this way is not particular inclusive.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:40 am

I'm a spic myself and I always thought West Side Story (both, the old one and the new one) seemed like some gay shit. Spielberg hasn't made a good movie since Jurassic Park.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:58 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:40 am
Spielberg hasn't made a good movie since Jurassic Park.
Oy vey, you anti-semite! How could you forget Schindler's List?

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:42 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:58 am
Guest wrote:
Spielberg hasn't made a good movie since Jurassic Park.
Oy vey, you anti-semite! How could you forget Schindler's List?
I'm not really that into speculative fiction/alternative history.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:56 am

Guest wrote:
I'm a spic myself and I always thought West Side Story (both, the old one and the new one) seemed like some gay shit.
Because it is. Grease is like The Warriors in comparison.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette