Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:56 pm

They'll love anything that has klessik UC written on it.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:25 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:41 pm
This movie has a really bizarre origin. Basically Tomino threw a huge autistic temper tantrum and banned an episode of the show for reasons nobody understands. So Sunrise remade the episode as an entire movie.
He didn't ban it for no reason.

The animation for episode 15 is legendarily shit. Like, even for First Gundam standards. Most of the memes about Gundam's bad animation come from that episode. So Tomino, when Gundam was localised in America, wouldn't allow that episode to be dubbed and shown on US TV (it was shown on Italian TV when they dubbed it way back in the 80s). It's not on any of the Western DVDs or Blu-Rays of First Gundam although you can get it officially, fully subbed in English, if you shell out $150 or so for the Japanese UC Libraries edition of First Gundam

So, I think people have been clamouring for a First Gundam remake and they did, as a spin-off of The Origin manga, Cucuruz Doan's Island detailing the backstory of Doan. So YAS hit on the idea to do a film adaptation of the episode because he didn't adapt it for the Origin manga, it's a sidestory not really connected to anything so it doesn't matter if it fails, and it's a chance to remake the notoriously poorly animated episode 15 with actual high quality animation

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:16 am

The worst example of sassy negresses in current year movies has to be from the most recent Jurassic World. This character is so badly tacked on that it almost becomes unintentional comedy.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:27 am

Pretty sure they make these characters aggressively smug and annoying on purpose in order so their "We're defending this poor negro actress from tidal waves of hate" campaign has at least some basis in reality.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:17 pm

I've seen a snippet of a trailer for that movie. Some feathery velociraptor type dino jumped into an ice hole to pursue people.

I was so dumbfounded that I forgot everything else about it. I couldn't even laugh at how ridiculous that was. Even kid me would've found that profoundly retarded. Do people watch that crap?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:37 pm

I just consider the Jurassic Park movies as schlock. Even the first one was kind of goofy. I only watch them for the dinos. But I only saw the first two in the theaters.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:20 pm

I'd say the main reason this has turned into a franchise in the first place is because this seems to be the only type of AAA dinosaur movies allowed by Hollywood law.
-Yours Truly

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:17 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:17 pm
I've seen a snippet of a trailer for that movie. Some feathery velociraptor type dino jumped into an ice hole to pursue people.

I was so dumbfounded that I forgot everything else about it. I couldn't even laugh at how ridiculous that was. Even kid me would've found that profoundly retarded. Do people watch that crap?
Yes - and most of them are as stupid as the movie.
ebin namefag wrote:

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:02 pm

Lightyear spends most of Lightyear getting overshadowed - that one has a sassy negress too.
ebin namefag wrote:

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:35 pm

I'm shocked

We already had the story of the 'real' Buzz Lightyear anyway