Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:31 pm

Look how hard they try, with tears of rage in their eyes, to ruin Lovecraft.
Yet you can get his complete, unaltered works for a dollar formated into a convenient e-book format. Or even just pirate it. And there's nothing they can do to change anything about it. You have the horror classics of a racist New England man and they are the only works that will ever be considered canonical and talked about.

Anyone thinking Lovecraft is all Cuthulhu mythos is a massive faggot anyway and should be treated like they just told you that they molest goats or are vegan.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:00 am

I've never seen a copy of Lovecraft's work that censored (for example,) the cat named Nigger-Man. If a single word is censored, then it has to be justified. The literary world isn't like animu or movies, where casual SJWisms are inserted into dubjobs with nary a word of explanation.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:48 pm

That’s what I named my cat.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:14 pm

You’re black tho so you can say it.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:31 pm

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

"Only snot eating retards watch modern capeshit. The MCU is gay and all their fucking cotton-picking faggot supporters should be shot."
- Martin Scorsese

Yeah, I agree with you there Marty, sorry I slipped from the line with this one. Before this the last MCU movie I saw was Avengers: Infinity War back in 2018, it definitely wasn't my cup of tea, but I didn't downright hate it. It was as good as that kind of dickless Marvel trash can be, maybe something like 6/10. I managed to watch it to the end without getting too bored, but I wasn't interested in watching any sequel to it (or anything else MCU-related) ever again. However, due to the circumstances, I ended up watching this. I really didn't start watching this with the intention of hating it, I expected something similar to Infinity War, probably not my thing, but at least something that will be somewhat entertaining and (since I was spoiled about which characters in this movie will die) maybe even somewhat touching. I was wrong.

First of all, the film is in full tonal dissonance from the start. After the events of the previous film, half the population of the world (and the entire Universe?) has been wiped out. The movie pretends to be very, wery dark and serious as people mourn their lost loved ones, but at the same time the movie is full of childish shitty humor. If half of the world's population evaporated into the air, it would mean a complete disaster due to massive supply chain disruption and the partial disappearance of important institutions that maintain power, public health and order. Countries' economies would capsize and societies would drift into total chaos. I understand that in a children's film like this one cannot go very deep into this, but these issues are not addressed in any way which makes this whole setting so insipid. There is this one big cemetery where people go to remember the lost ones, that's it. That's the whole consequence of the snap.

But then again, the movie is almost half comedy, a cringe comedy tv show, to be exact. Some characters have been reduced to mere comic side characters. Hulk is a Nice Hulk now, he's always smiling and being goofy and over-the-top friendly to everyone. If in the previous movie his thing was that he couldn't turn into the Hulk anymore, now his thing is that he can't rage like the Hulk anymore. Incredibly lame. Thor is a depressed fat drunk who plays Fortnite and rages at kids online. Who exactly is this written for? Who finds this funny? Well maybe if your INT is really low, maybe then. The way they make fun of Thor's situation even seems malicious, like they truly hated this character for some reason. The whole movie I rolled my eyes at the inane jokes and didn't laugh once, except at the totally cringe girl power scene where all the superhero chicks magically appear at the same spot without any reason and they complete each other's sentences like Huey, Dewey and Louie.

For a three-hour movie, the plot is ridiculously simple. The Avengers are soo devastated over their fallen comrades, awww, but then, out of the blue, one of them pulls out of his ass: "what if we try time travel?", "Time travel.. Yeah.. yeah, that's legit, but at this time of the plot I'm still a generic naysayer so we shouldn't try that", "Oh come on, we owe it to them, at least we should try!", "OK, you convinced me!". Eventually Thanos (from a timeline before the events of Infinity War) figures out there's this group of spandex cosplayers time travelling and shit, and they're fucking up his mission to gather the stones, so he travels to the future (HOW? Has he invented time travel too?) and faces them there. Avengers win, happy end.

There are so many things wrong with the script that I don't even know where to start. Avengers are so super smart that they can figure out time travel in no time, but when it comes to strategy, instead of them all time traveling together to the same place to face Thanos, these shitheads come up with this insanely convoluted plot to recapture the infinity stones before Thanos gets them, only to shoehorn as many scenes from the previous Avengers films into this one as possible. Time travel is such a lazy plot device in any narrative anyway, is this the best script that can be developed with a budget of 400 million? Thanos is a completely different Thanos here than in the previous film. All character development from the previous film has been wiped away, remember, this Thanos is from before Infinity War, he's never even met the Avengers before. "OK, now it's time for us to face off in this epic final battle. Wait, who are you guys anyway?"

Everything is so damn inconsistent, the rules of time travel, character strengths and abilities. How the fuck does time travel work here? In one scene, time travel is said to open up new independent realities, but in another scene Captain America travels back in time to take the infinity stones back to where they originally were (WHY?) and next he appears in the same reality as an old man, without going through the same gate (HOW?). Nebula kills a hostile past version of herself, but this has no effect on her existence. Mm'kay. The characters' abilities also vary randomly. However capable or incompetent the plot requires them to be at any given time. First, Thanos has no problem fighting Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America all at once alone (how the hell is this even possible? The superpowers of Iron Man and Captain America are not entirely clear to me, but Thor should be the God of Thunder, how to fuck does this purple eggplant manage to fight against these guys?) but next, he's struggling in a 1v1 battle against just Iron Man. Captain Marvel single-handedly destroys a spacestation in an instant, but next she can't even get the infinity stone gauntlet off Thanos' hand. How do the laws of physics work here? Thanos is just a living thing, made of organic matter, if you can conjure up that much energy that you can blow up a spacestation (size of a stadium) you should be able to turn any living thing into mincemeat at the snap of your little finger. In this fight between them, Thanos doesn't even defeat her, she just kind of disappears. The strengths and weaknesses of superheroes should be clear to the viewer. At no point did it become clear to me what Captain Marvel is capable of, what her strengths are, let alone her limitations and weaknesses. She acted like a god, capable of doing whatever the plot demanded her to do. I guess her weakness was that she wasn't always available when needed.

The problem inherent in capeshit was also particularly strong here: at no point did I feel that any of the characters were in any kind of danger. At one point Thanos nukes down the Avengers HQ while all of them are inside, the building is completely destroyed to the ground, but no one inside is even hurt. They're all just crawling out of the rubble like the scene in Blues Brothers where Elwood's house is blown up. The final battle is 10 minutes of total CGI-anarchy and chaos. CGI explosions, laser cannons, pew pew, flying horses, so progressive and diverse good guys, flying CGI spears, boom boom, and nothing happens to anybody. It's all so hollow and dull.

This movie is now ranked 79th on IMDb's top 250 movies list with a rating of 8.4. I feel such a strong sense of alienation from today's audience, what the hell is the appeal of this for adults? Don't people have any quality requirements anymore? Since when did everyone start accepting such trash? Is it just childhood nostalgia and pop culture brand recognition that matters? People are fine with any kind of crap like Barbie and Super Mario as long as they get their nostalgic brand recognition out of it? This was the worst capeshit movie I have ever seen. Even worse than X-Men: The Last Stand. OMG. 1/10.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:11 pm

Ever been edging for too long and then had a surprisingly satisfying orgasm to some benign shit?
The orgasm wasn't good, but you expected total failure. The media was trash. But you got where you wanted in a way.

That's what Endgay was to mahvul faggots. Depressing and unsatisfying in hindsight but it got the job done. If only to finally get it over with.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:25 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:00 am
I've never seen a copy of Lovecraft's work that censored (for example,) the cat named Nigger-Man.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:24 am

veris leta facies wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:31 pm
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
This was the worst capeshit movie I have ever seen. Even worse than X-Men: The Last Stand. OMG. 1/10.
Yeah, I hated this movie. I don't remember much about it except being bored to tears. It seems like the first half of the movie was just them moping about. I just remember thinking at some point, "Finally, something happened!"

I do remember the AWFUL girl-power scene and cringing so hard. Whose fucking idea was that? They need to be drawn and quartered!

I think that was the last capeshit I ever watched. I felt elated that the whole MCU ordeal was over. I knew the next "wave" was going to be woketarded awful, so it was a great jumping off point.
お前はもう死んでいる。

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:27 am

https://youtu.be/Vitv8N_tZZ8?t=106

Keep watching mahvul. Feed disney that money or attention and end up annoyed you wasted your time. You think they'll make a good one someday?
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:51 am

veris leta facies wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:31 pm
If half of the world's population evaporated into the air, it would mean a complete disaster due to massive supply chain disruption and the partial disappearance of important institutions that maintain power, public health and order. Countries' economies would capsize and societies would drift into total chaos. I understand that in a children's film like this one cannot go very deep into this, but these issues are not addressed in any way which makes this whole setting so insipid. There is this one big cemetery where people go to remember the lost ones, that's it. That's the whole consequence of the snap.
I assume Thanos mainly snapped away hobos, Africans and refugees.
The way they make fun of Thor's situation even seems malicious, like they truly hated this character for some reason.
Of course they hate him. He is the most völkisch character left.
First, Thanos has no problem fighting Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America all at once alone (how the hell is this even possible? The superpowers of Iron Man and Captain America are not entirely clear to me, but Thor should be the God of Thunder, how to fuck does this purple eggplant manage to fight against these guys?) but next, he's struggling in a 1v1 battle against just Iron Man.
They clearly applied Super Sentai monster logic here.
And the superpowers of Iron Man and Captain America is that their contributions to any fight involving motherfucking Thor shouldn't matter.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:24 am
I think that was the last capeshit I ever watched. I felt elated that the whole MCU ordeal was over. I knew the next "wave" was going to be woketarded awful, so it was a great jumping off point.
A lot of people felt that way.
Me personally, I didn't even make it past the first Avengers.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette