Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:30 pm

It's not Dune unless the fat man flies.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:50 am

The flying fat man was the only good part of the new Dune movie.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:23 am

Oh yeah, I really enjoyed the way he was underused and lacking in memorable dialogue
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:36 am

So, fellow Spoony-cocksucker and self-published "author" calls Dune pRoBlEmAtIc. What's he gonna do, call for a jihad? :3
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:03 am

This isn't the Muslim dinosaurs guy, is it?

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:23 am

wulfenlord wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:36 am
There's these guys who know a lot about my chosen subject. Every time I express my view on the subject, they treat me like I'm stupid.

Clearly they're wrong and I'm right. 🤔

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:36 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:40 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:18 pm
>Kubrick calling something pretentious and boring

What the...
If you find Kubrick's movies pretentious, you ain't seen nothing yet, pal.
"Pretentious" is something very far away that I would describe Kubrick's filmography. Some of his films are too drawn-out and slow, but definitely not pretentious. Only Paths of Glory is somewhat preachy and heavy-handed and its story is morally quite black-and-white, but the guy was something like 27 when he made that and none of that was anymore in his following film Dr. Strangelove or in anything that came after that.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:31 pm

wulfenlord wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:36 am
So, fellow Spoony-cocksucker and self-published "author" calls Dune pRoBlEmAtIc. What's he gonna do, call for a jihad? :3
The Fremen do fight a holy war in blind faith of a messiah, but I think Herbert made it more than adequately clear that this was not so much the fault of the Fremen as it was manipulation from the Bene Gesserit and the Atreides. Pretty much all the heroes praise the Fremen lifestyle as pure and righteous, and seeing it become corrupted in later books(especially in God-Emperor, where they've devolved into "Museum Fremen") is intended to be tragic.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:33 pm

Die Hard (1988)

Christmas came early this year, I rewatched this already. DH is one of those rare films that are "perfect" among Carpenter's The Thing and Verhoeven's Robocop, it's really hard to point out how these films could have been made even better, there is nothing wrong with these movies at all. John McClane's family problems are dealt with at the beginning of the film in perfectly correct proportions, this character development is dosed as a scientifically calculated scale, not a bit too much, and not too little so that the story gives the character enough personality. When the film gets underway, it is one hectic action to the end. It's fun to think what the movie would have been like if Arnold had starred in the lead role as the filmmakers originally thought. He refused the role because he wanted to make a SHIT movie with Danny De Vito. Arnold with his 80s Austrian accent would have made the film quite different "C'mon Hanz, you got what you wanted! Give dis pebol.. a ride with a Choppa!" 10/10
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:37 pm

That scenario would've also given us the glory that is an Austrian pretending to be American facing off against a Brit pretending to be German.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette