Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Rushy » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:14 pm

Whatever, nobody could top Ian McNeice anyway. Whoever directed that miniseries must have been over the moon when they got him.

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:18 pm

Rushy wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:42 pm
Will we get to see Jason Momoa become a literal sex god surrounded by Leto's army of women?
They'll be stupid not to, since Momoa seems to be the most popular character in nuDune.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:25 pm

Rushy wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:14 pm
Whatever, nobody could top Ian McNeice anyway. Whoever directed that miniseries must have been over the moon when they got him.
I love how his near-death experience caused him to apparently talk to the audience like some kind of FMV game character. Amazing performance.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:17 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:18 pm
Rushy wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:42 pm
Will we get to see Jason Momoa become a literal sex god surrounded by Leto's army of women?
They'll be stupid not to, since Momoa seems to be the most popular character in nuDune.
That would be in Godemperor of Dune, so just in 20 more movies or so. I can hardly wait!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:44 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:25 pm
I love how his near-death experience caused him to apparently talk to the audience
It's called an aside, you ignoramus. This certainly isn't the first TV show to incorporate.that particular theatrical device.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:13 am

Yeah, but the overacting is klessik FMV.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:47 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:27 am
CuckTurdginson wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:22 am
Haven’t seen The Last Duel yet - but Matt and Affleck trying to sound British sounds cringy…and it’s two and a half hours.
Also it's clear that there will be no ambiguity in this movie as it seems like they're going with the notion that she was raped.
Which tells me no one involved actually understood Rashomon - it’s structured like that to emphasize the difference in perspectives, meaning it’s meant to demonstrate the multiple truths there can be to a situation - meaning if you’re you using the Rashomon structure, the situation you’re writing *has to be ambiguous.*

If you want a story about a lady who got raped in the Middle Ages, cut the multiple perspectives shit. Of course if they did that this movie would have been an hour shorter and god forbid we have that.

Also - in the movie, when Matt Damon requests the duel his wife is talking to him like he just did some terrible thing but it’s clearly established that the courts were going to acquit Driver so Matt Damon has a case to call for a duel meaning this is the only way for her to actually get what she wants. Fucking hell.

ALSO - Die Another Day. That Madonna song is fucking awful - like when I go down, when I die, into the pits of hell, that Madonna song will be playing.

What fucks me is they got the rights to London Calling later - so whoever worked on this movie understood what music sounds like.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:03 pm

Rushy wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:24 pm
The 2021 Baron just grumbles "my Dune" and "I want income" with a gormless expression on his face. They spend no time establishing his connection with Leto, or his relationship with his underlings, or why any of this is even happening. He might as well just be the Emperor's greedy henchman. It's a total waste of the character. Palpatine had more to do in Rise of Skywalker than the Baron does here.
Too bad, I loved the Baron for his flamboyant, yet disgusting appearance and underlining homosexuality of Lynches version. He probably the best character in the '84 film.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:02 am

Dune Part 2 got greenlit.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:26 am

Rushy wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:02 am
Dune Part 2 got greenlit.
Glad people are getting the complete story instead of only half of it. So it won't be a repeat of what happened with Allegiant.