Liberalism Destroys Art

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Liberalism Destroys Art

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:48 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:52 am
Liar Revealed wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:48 pm
It's very difficult to be a Transformers fan these days. :(
The franchise has been COMPLETELY taken over by the cringiest lunatics, and I think I know how it happened. I think it's because everyone else, even all the supergeeks, FINALLY got too old to give a shit.

Bayformers didn't really bring in die-hard fans. It brought in people who wanted to drool at babes, explosions, and giant robots for two hours before moving on to the next forgettable spectacle filled summer blockbuster. All those people moved on to Marvel.

So the last thing the true fanboys cared about was Beast Wars, from the 90's, and while a lot of college nerds and recently graduated from college nerds are still in that phase where they're running from adulthood and trying to regress a bit to childhood, only the saddest, most emotionally stunted specimens are still doing that in their 30's. And they took over.

Face it, Transformers is not a series made for grown ass adults. It's far too ridiculous. Maybe it can appeal to some older people but it SHOULD BE A KIDS SHOW. This should be obvious, but ALL the nerd series have to be made by and for grown ass adult nerd fanboys these days. Imagine how horrifying the My Little Pony series would get if instead of making it mainly for little girls with a nod and a wink to older audiences they made it by and for bronies. They would make all their creepy fanfiction shit canon. That's Transformers now, right down to the weird sex stuff.
Yeah, this is definitely why. At its "best" it was just a kid's show made to sell toys. A few fun third person shooters were made with the license and older people can enjoy those if they have nostalgia for the series or like TPS in general.

The only people left who care about transformers are the movieblobs and that's why it's super cringey now. How ironic than Blob loves Mahvul but hated Bayformers. It's the same shit, like you said. Big budgets, big explosions and big... name actresses. Blob cried about people drooling over Megan Fox but he drooled buckets over Johannsen (sp) in Iron Man 2.

There are a lot of old tv shows and franchises like that, where the fans got too old and had to move on because the series was never something adults could really enjoy. Only a few cartoons stand the test of time and maintain a broad appeal.

If you're a transformers fan today, go play the Melbourne House ps2 game and the two High Moon Studios Cybertron games.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:13 am

SEEMS STABLE.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:15 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:13 am
SEEMS STABLE.
Trannies are 0.005% of the population and 30% of people employed in the current year comic book and young adult fiction industries, despite almost nobody knowing who they are or buying their shit. Really activates the almonds.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:20 pm

That's the trans privilege for you. #WeAreThe99.995%
mad bum wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:26 am
Transformers!
More than one gender!

Transformers!
Trannies in disguise!
Guest wrote:
Face it, Transformers is not a series made for grown ass adults. It's far too ridiculous. Maybe it can appeal to some older people but it SHOULD BE A KIDS SHOW. This should be obvious, but ALL the nerd series have to be made by and for grown ass adult nerd fanboys these days. Imagine how horrifying the My Little Pony series would get if instead of making it mainly for little girls with a nod and a wink to older audiences they made it by and for bronies. They would make all their creepy fanfiction shit canon. That's Transformers now, right down to the weird sex stuff.
I think that might actually happen with some weird sequel show to Cuckdom is Magic where they're all older and shit.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:26 pm

Guest wrote:
I think it's because everyone else, even all the supergeeks, FINALLY got too old to give a shit.
I think you have a point. Like when I went to that local convention, it was mostly a bunch of normie dads. They are probably too busy with real life to argue with people on Twitter.
It's sad and ridiculous that comics are written for degenerates instead of kids.

In particular with Transformers, it should be a boys' property. But for the last few years, they've been focusing on a horrible new character named Windblade. She's the Transformers version of Rey. There was already a classic main female character, Arcee, but she was "problematic" because she was pink or something.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:45 pm

You'd think that Transformers could just repaint themselves whenver they feel like it.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:24 pm

They made Arcee transgender

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:42 pm

"This character, which I haven't actually created, has always been an authentic tranny to me, because I'm also a tranny."
-Yours Truly

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:27 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:24 pm
They made Arcee transgender
I don't really know what this is all about, but I'll let you know what I do know.

1) No origin for Arcee was ever given in the original cartoons. (The only continuity that 99% of fans and normies care about.) Transformer gender was a very ill-defined concept and the few female Autobots were assumed to be just superficially different.

2) In the original Marvel UK comics, long-term scribe Simon Furman wrote a humorous origin for her in which angry feminists were protesting the Autobots for being (perceived as) all male, so they built a female Autobot to appease them.
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Arcee_(G1)#Marv ... continuity

3) So decades later he wrote a new origin for the IDW version of Arcee. Furman again tried to make an explanation as to why there was a female Autobot, so he had a masculine robot being rebuilt as a female by a mad scientist.
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Arcee_(G1)/IDW_ ... al_origins

This really pissed off token female writer and Mairghread Scott who took it as an insult to women and she raged like the cunt she is. Furman wrote a response, but it mattered little. Furman, who wrote the majority of the UK and later US comics, was fired by IDW to placate the token hire. She and other writers tried to retcon it away.

Eventually Mairghread Scott was fired though and apparently this token tranny hire liked Furman's IDW origin, as he saw himself in it, and restored it.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:10 am

/ourtranny/?
-Yours Truly