"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by mad bum » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:19 am

Give the original another watch, it's really good this new shit is just trash.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:11 pm

Simpsons ripping on Morrissey in latest episode they must have an issue with someone who can remain consistently good for over 30 years.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:37 pm

Just read a run down of the episode. I wish I could pull the plug on this show like HAL 9000.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:09 am

I watched it because apparently I'm a masochist. It's on nu-Family Guy levels. Considering that there's already an episode of Family Guy about Peter being a trucker, and I'm sure that if you cut the vegan stuff out and replace Lisa with Meg, you'd probably get the same result. Especially the celebrity slam atthe end.

When the part in the cafeteria come up, I thought it was going to be like that episode of South Park where Cartman kept getting a heart attack because the girls kept messing with his lunch and in the end, the food was the same processed junk, but plant-based and sustainable for the environment. Boy, that would've been better.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:08 am

Moe Bitches wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:09 am
I watched it because apparently I'm a masochist. It's on nu-Family Guy levels. Considering that there's already an episode of Family Guy about Peter being a trucker, and I'm sure that if you cut the vegan stuff out and replace Lisa with Meg, you'd probably get the same result. Especially the celebrity slam atthe end.

When the part in the cafeteria come up, I thought it was going to be like that episode of South Park where Cartman kept getting a heart attack because the girls kept messing with his lunch and in the end, the food was the same processed junk, but plant-based and sustainable for the environment. Boy, that would've been better.
Apu describing his vegan hot dogs in the episode where Lisa becomes a vegetarian: "and they only have thrice the fat of a regular hot dog". They were already pointing out that the veggie replacement meat wasn't necessarily better for you than the real stuff.

There already was an episode about Homer becoming a trucker probably decades ago now. Did they do that again?

They only keep the show going so they can hold a world record for "longest running animated sitcom"*. Japan's Sazae-san has been running longer, but apparently isn't a "sitcom", so the Simpsons gets its own stupid category. They're probably just keeping the show going hoping that Sazae-san will end first.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:49 am

Oh yeah, it was the episode where he towed people which came out right before the HD era. But because of their lazily gay "floating timeline", that episode never happened, since Marge said Homer never had any prior experience with trucks. So instead of towing it's because of testosterone.

I mean it's blatantly clear that they don't give a shit anymore. I mean for fucks sake, not only do they make two back to back episodes about history they have no connection with each other, but also two episodes that center around Burns figuring out that everyone hates him, one that his employees hate him so he goes undercover and the other which came out a week or so ago about the whole town hoping he was dead after a near death experience so he starts up a plant-based burger joint. Not to mention, they really drag the "Burns is old" joke out in the latter episode.

It's been done better in the surprisingly kino, "The Fool Monty" which is Season 22. The one where Burns loses his memory.

I mean damn, don't even get me started on the floating timeline where Homer is a teenager in the 90's who aspires to be a rapper.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:04 pm

There are also at least two episodes where Bart thinks his grampa is a boring old fart until the old man reveals something awesome about his younger days, which then leads to a rivalry with Mr. Burns for one reason or the other.
The main difference is that one is a fun pulp romp involving nazi treasures, while the other one is some boring shit about Abe's wrestling past.

And let's not forget the various episodes where either Bart or Lisa discovers some new hobby, which may or may not stand in conflict with prior hobbies or interests.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:59 pm

お前はもう死んでいる。

jumkey mones

Post by jumkey mones » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:59 pm

In all fairness Sazae san is a shorts anime(each half hour block contains 3 shorts) and after about 5-10 years of so they start recycling the plots for a good number of shorts(to the point where the only difference between certain episodes that reuse plots is the type of phone used for example). I can only imagine how repetitive that show must be to watch fully from start to finish since it isn't a long ass story like one piece and you have at a minimum 52 episodes a year for decades. At least the simpsons take half a year break between new episodes and all thier content is original.

fascistfrog

Post by fascistfrog » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:09 pm

Sazae san is also significantly cheaper to produce because theres ton of stock animation they can reuse and its animation quality isn't exactly as good as post movie simpsons and it is still no 1 in the ratings so the only chance the simps have at outlasting that is if a disaster struck the studio and everybody who works on the show dies or if a new prime minister hates the show so much he somehow finds a way to kill it.