"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by Moe Bitches » Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:45 am

Is it bad that I prefer the fucked up and meanspirited era of Family Guy more than these newer ones? At least then you could say, "wow, that crossed the line".

Now they hammer in the fact that they're owned by Disney, try to make sure that Lois, the biggest bitch of the entire series, even more bitchy with every episode and made the characters fall flat.

You just know Seth didn't give a shit since he took his Star Trek and Hanna Barbera references with him.

They even made a fucking episode where Lois tells Peter that "his 80's comedy isn't funny anymore."
Ouch.

BTW, that Transformers cartoon looks fugly. Why the fuck did they give them those kind of eyes with those faces?
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:08 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:10 am
Not even Zombie Simpson is as bad as this.
They're both equally and similarly awful. The only difference is Simpsons actually used to be funny, whereas Family Guy pretty much just always ripped off other people's jokes.

I mean, seriously, is there any line said by Peter Griffin in that clip that wouldn't fit Zombie Homer?
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:54 pm
And instead of all the jokes they could've done with Daenerys, they made up their own joke by making her black? Okay...?
The joke is that the character is a stronk independent wymyn who don't need no man, so they made her a stronk independent black wymyn who don't need no man. Also that black people have funny names, that usually begin with 'D'.

It's not funny but I figured you of all people should've picked up on that

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:41 am

Moe Bitches wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:45 am

BTW, that Transformers cartoon looks fugly. Why the fuck did they give them those kind of eyes with those faces?
I agree, those niglets wouldn't look out of place in a Paw Patrol spin-off, but for a realistic series?

It happens when "artists" think they can achieve their own "style" without learning basic anatomy first. See Liefeld, Platt, McFarlane, or the abominable Medina (it worked with Capullo, because even though his drawings were over-the-top 90's tacticool, he at least understands anatomy)
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:31 am

Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck will sing the Vaxx Scene song, how delightful.
Moe Bitches wrote:
Is it bad that I prefer the fucked up and meanspirited era of Family Guy more than these newer ones? At least then you could say, "wow, that crossed the line".

Now they hammer in the fact that they're owned by Disney, try to make sure that Lois, the biggest bitch of the entire series, even more bitchy with every episode and made the characters fall flat.
That's pretty much it, yes. Old Family Guy could get a chuckle out of me with some of its more mean-spirited gags, like Lois inviting Peter to her book club meeting and he happily saying "fine!" and then breaking his own neck. But now it's just unfunny references and gore.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:11 am

JL Unlimited wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:05 am
https://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-fil ... 17657.html
Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) has recruited Bugs and the gang for a new musical feature, Bye Bye Bunny: A Looney Tunes Musical.
The film features a screenplay and lyrics by Emmy winner Ariel Dumas (The Late Show with Stephen Colbert)
I think I'll stick with the classics, thank you very much.

(Also much more progressive that this China-friendly treatment can ever be)
McGinnis wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:08 am
The joke is that the character is a stronk independent wymyn who don't need no man, so they made her a stronk independent black wymyn who don't need no man. Also that black people have funny names, that usually begin with 'D'.

It's not funny but I figured you of all people should've picked up on that
That's fine and all, but she needed three men in the form of her dragons ;)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:33 am

At the very least it's not actively painfully for Family Guy to be terrible. The Sipmsons being not just bad but constantly getting worse stings.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:55 am

Because, like I said, it was good once. Family Guy was never good so who really cares that it's shit now?

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:20 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
You just know Seth didn't give a shit since he took his Star Trek and Hanna Barbera references with him.
Like Jim Davis, Seth has decided to go full pimp, and milk his cartoon dry. Besides, who’s gonna replace him? Dan Harmon? (((Justin Halpern)))? Pffffft

Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:57 pm

McGinnis wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:55 am
Because, like I said, it was good once. Family Guy was never good so who really cares that it's shit now?
I thought the first season was pretty fresh when it came out. Too bad the series was revived, it died when it needed to. Like Futurama.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:22 am

I liked Family Guy better, when it was Larry and Steve.

Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.