"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
ebin namefag

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by ebin namefag » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:01 am

McGinnis wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:59 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:51 pm
Disney used to have standards.
They really didn't.
This is every MGinnis post.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:46 am

McGinnis wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:59 pm
diluting the brands
You mean those public domain properties they managed to make an absolute killing with?
They had a very good business model. Very good animation on the big screen and then cheap extras on the side that, contrary to your claim, didn't dilute Disney's standing whatsoever in the public eye.

Compare that to the current shit. Yes, it makes money. But how many people still hold Disney in the high regard they used to? Actual people, not the ultra minority on Twatter.
You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone even remotely reasonable to deny Disney has cheapened their brand, it being Disney themselves, beyond recognition.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:43 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:39 pm
But what will happen to Kingdom Hearts?!
Meh, fuck 'em. It was always faggot shit made for trannies. Square's already digging their own grave with their ethics department + string of financial flops anyway. Nomura's overrated fanfic overstayed its welcome regardless.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:03 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:31 pm
What even happens in it? Try and explain that!
Just imagine the worst "Believe in the power of friendship!"-animu you can think of.
KH is worse
ebin namefag wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:39 pm
What is it called when a long running franchise has to invent problems in prequels to justify more sequels?
pull a Nomura
  1. retconning problems into a long-running franchise to justify more sequels
  2. adding needless twists and turns into your narrative because you want to mass-produce interconnected games for your franchies, but don't actually want to continue the main storyline anytime soon
  3. being the biggest hack writer who has ever hacked
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:38 pm

ebin namefag wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:39 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:31 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:39 pm
But what will happen to Kingdom Hearts?!
What even happens in it? Try and explain that!
Nomura is gay and whacks off on his audience.
I could have done a goofy (hurr) recount of what I remember about KH but I thought that would have been hack even for me.

What is it called when a long running franchise has to invent problems in prequels to justify more sequels?
I don't read books so I don't know which of the big fantasy/sci-fi franchises did that so my two examples are KH and Votoms.
Because my mind tells me that despite all the autism and homosexuality KH 1-CoM-2 is a perfect circlet of autism with an actual ending and everything and Votoms by itself is a self contained TV show.
But then in KH3 its all about the Unbirthed from BBS the prequel and revolving around characters who where invented in midquels just to give Sore's fake self a cocksleeve, and I stopped watching Votoms at Shining Hearsay but I think everything at some point revolves around concepts invented in midquel OVAs like the Green and Purple Child and Pailsen.
Another good example is the Ringu franchise.
The first novel and movie were a good, self-contained horror story.
Then the second novel came out, and at that point the story was already so autistic that its cinematic adaptation - Spiral (1998) - flopped and was retconned with Ringu 2.

In the second half of Spiral, Sadako is at the same time:
1. A curse you catch by watching the tape.
2. A slightly different curse you catch by reading the diary of the protagonist of the first movie, who crashed her car offscreen after the ending credits and died with her son.
3.A curse slightly different than 1 and 2, that you catch by sleeping with someone cursed by either 1 or 2.
In other words, a STD.

The ex husband of the original protagonist comes back as an evil ghost who helps Sadako for unknown reasons, in the end he and Sadako are resurrected as lovers through the power of magic, cloning technology and Asperger syndrome, and the movie ends with an apocalypse similar (but shittier) to the one in John Carpenter's In The Mouth Of Madness, in which everyone who will read the novelization of Sadako's life (or watch the movie) will get the curse.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:11 pm

Doesn't Sadako also turn into a computer virus propagated curse in the apocalypse or some shit?
I dunk on later Dune novels but those aren't nearly as retarded as that.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:20 pm

I'd rather stick to Tomie instead of Sadako. Junji Itou might have a tendency to get overly silly when making longer stories, but he stuck to his guns with Tomie and just came up with new ways for her to get killed.

(Though knowing Japanese horror cinema the Tomie movies probably found a way to fuck this up.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:21 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:11 pm
Doesn't Sadako also turn into a computer virus propagated curse in the apocalypse or some shit?
I just know that Sadako had a penis.
Laugh all you want but we can't take away that the Ragu novels inspired a quality Dreamcast game.
rabidtictac wrote:
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:52 am

The JLA x RWBY trailer is out. Gaze at two franchises crossing over in their dying breaths, and tremble in despair.

Remember how animated DC shit is usually pretty gud (and even at its worst better than the 3DPD travesties)? Well too fucking bad. This crossover is using the horrible amateur CGI style of RWBY, because apparently not even Warner expects anyone but RWBYtards to be interested in this.
Though this is apparently also still targeted at DCtards with little knowledge of RWBY, since they changed the entire premise of the crossover from its comic source material: In the comics the JLA blokes are just natives of RWBY's shitty animu ripoff world, whereas in this travesty they got isekai'd into it.
Which somehow results in everyone getting turned into a teenager.
And Bruce Wayne growing bat wings (because he was one of those lazily-modeled beastfolks in the comics, though that didn't even make sense in the comics since RWBY beastfolk generally only have cosmetic animal traits like ears or horns instead of shit that's actually useful).
And all of this so they can waste precious runtime trying to explain the nonsensical, inconsistent RWBY world to the JLA (aka the audience).

Also interesting that this trailer is marked for Youtube Kids. I'm sure this has nothing to do with Youtube Kids videos having a permanently disabled comment section :roll:
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:16 am

Looks like absolute garbage.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!