"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Newhalf

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by Newhalf » Thu May 26, 2022 4:28 pm

These flying four armed mice are pretty disgusting honestly.
If the movie's purpose is to make me reject miscegenation, it's doing a fine job.
It's a trap!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 26, 2022 4:33 pm

Plus you gotta love the fact one of the chipmunks goes through surgery to be a 3D character, even though it's painfully obvious the "2D" characters are just 3D models with shitty cel-shading.
Ihatebradjones wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 4:25 pm
Pluto as the villain is also stupid, but at least doesn't contradict the film's logic as much as using Peter does. Why has he aged when no one else have? Rescue Rangers came out over 30 years ago, but the returning characters from the show still look the same age.
Internal consistency is too much work.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Thu May 26, 2022 6:09 pm

I look forward to Doge's inevitable video praising the film as a """hidden gem""".
Ihatebradjones wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 4:25 pm
Why has he aged when no one else have?
1. Bad writing.
2. Throwing IRL Bobby Driscoll under the bus as a reference to his career's downward spiral.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:29 pm

So Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe was actually pretty good. It felt more like an extended episode rather than an actual theatrical film as was Do America. We do learn two new things about the B&B lore:
SpoilerShow
Beavis is actually the character's last name and the house they are both living in belongs to "Shirley Beavis," his mother.

Nothing of Butt-Head's identity has been made clear, though.
It is worth a watch.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:20 pm

It was worth watching. Had some great laughs.
Do America was definitely more cinematic, as the film grain, muted color palette and the inclusion of Robert Stack helped.

Although most of the non Beavis and Butt-Head characters look weird because of the fake After Effects squiggle and look like cleaner versions of characters from Mike Judge's Tales from the Tour Bus series. I haven't seen all of that show, but it's pretty solid.

SpoilerShow
Seems as though Beavis and Butt-Head really grown as characters in terms of how mature they are to an extent. Like Beavis having romantic feelings or his little speech he had before getting on the ship. That was pretty neat. Plus the implication that Beavis really hates Todd, which also was a pretty awesome scene aside from the White Privilege one.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:56 pm

Beavis was definitely the most fleshed out of the two in this movie. He also came off as almost self-aware at times in their relationship. Butt-Head of course is as cruel and antisocial as ever. I also agree the secondary characters not of the original cast look odd and alien at times, not like the classic art style at all. But I think that has more to do with digital animation than anything. Also the plot is very similar to Do America as the federal government is, again, chasing the duo to move the plot along. I was also hoping Daria would have had a couple of lines or a small part in the film but they kept her to a small visual cameo.

Anyway, I'm glad they made it. Mike obviously enjoyed his role in the film. The franchise definitely better for it. There is still a place post early nineties for our idiotic metalheads.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:14 am

I had a hearty kek at the one dude hushing the black girl in order to speak for her.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:32 am

I wasn't expecting much, but yeah it was pretty good. I'm going to start exercising my white privilege from now on.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:47 am

mad bum wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:14 am
I had a hearty kek at the one dude hushing the black girl in order to speak for her.
About time this modern classics gets referenced:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:37 pm

I don't think this new series is going to be that good. I wish they left it at the movie, it was a good ending point IMO. Then again they may have made the trailer look intentionally sophomoric... but in a bad way if you know what I mean. Also the new character designs just do not look right. I wonder how much involvement Judge even has with the series other than voices.
SpoilerShow