"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:38 am

fascistfrog wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:09 pm
Sazae san is also significantly cheaper to produce because theres ton of stock animation they can reuse and its animation quality isn't exactly as good as post movie simpsons and it is still no 1 in the ratings so the only chance the simps have at outlasting that is if a disaster struck the studio and everybody who works on the show dies or if a new prime minister hates the show so much he somehow finds a way to kill it.
Or Disney buys them out and then kills the show out of spite.
jumkey mones wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:59 pm
In all fairness Sazae san is a shorts anime(each half hour block contains 3 shorts) and after about 5-10 years of so they start recycling the plots for a good number of shorts
I assume you mean they retell the same story rather than what the Simpsons does: tell a similar but lamer story and assume the audience is too stupid to notice. As I understand it, Japan doesn't frequently rerun its shows, so retelling a story wouldn't be that bad of a thing.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:36 am

They will revive the show as live-action on Disney+.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:13 pm

Revive? Moar liek exhume and rape the corpse.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:34 pm

Obviously. The family will move over to the US and will have to deal with the daily Asian hate.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:48 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:38 am
As I understand it, Japan doesn't frequently rerun its shows, so retelling a story wouldn't be that bad of a thing.
For some reason the author of the mango insisted in her(?) will that they don't release home media for Sazae-san, so in theory in a world without VHS recordings or bittorrent this could be the only way to keep Sazae-son stories in circulation.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:34 pm
Obviously. The family will move over to the US and will have to deal with the daily Asian hate.
Those racists at Disney will whitewash the Asian haters no doubt, they'll be howaito piggu instead of proud Afro-Americans of color.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:44 pm

Marge's VA is one foot in the grave. If they cared about the show they'd think about wrapping things up before a VA dies.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:53 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:44 pm
Marge's VA is one foot in the grave. If they cared about the show they'd think about wrapping things up before a VA dies.
1) They don't
2) They could easily, and gladly, get someone in to replace her.
How many Bugs Bunnies have there been? Or Daffy Ducks? Or Mickey Mice? Or Donald Ducks? And they all sound like the first guy to do it. The Simpsons have been going on for more than 30 years now. There's bound to be someone who can impersonate Julie Kavner and the creators are corrupt and greedy enough to get in a replacement rather than just let the show fucking die.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:27 pm

I feel like they should use this opportunity to kill off Marge too so Homer can marry a black chick. Any fan outcry will get smothered by the almighty racism hammer.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:33 pm

>implying they won't use an A.I. voice synthesizer

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:34 pm

Even better!
-Yours Truly