"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by Moe Bitches » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:16 pm

Nah, I just wanted an excuse to show that picture. Besides, even with 80's cartoons having Japanese- animated intros or a show like Boondocks and it's shitty fourth season being animated by a Japanese studio doesn't make those shows anime (even if anime is just a Japanese cartoon). There's inspired and just plain anime.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:17 pm

And the inspiration can never achieve the genius of the real deal.
SpoilerShow
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:32 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:13 am

Was he tricked to draw Shadman because he doesn't know who he is, or the two of them have a secret Discord together?

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:08 am

Saw this making the rounds and this is just like the last Space Jam movie. Only nerds give a shit about voice actors and will be replaced in an instant if a producer thinks casting a celebrity will sell more tickets.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:57 am

Of course only the chick gets her name shown, and not even her full name.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:37 am

I sympathise with VA complaints over celebrity stunt casting, actually. Most of the time it's completely pointless. There are, of course, exceptions like when you've got Tom Hanks or Jeremy Irons or James Earl Jones. Those guys have very distinctive voices. But 99% of the time you're getting actors known for their face and image and you're putting them in a voice role which is a completely different set of skills.

And for what? Who goes to see an animated movie just because [celebrity] is in it? Most of the audience is either kids who don't know who the fuck these actors are or they're the parents who don't realise these actors are in the film until it's pointed out to them. Unless, like I said, the celebrity in question happens to have a very distinctive voice.

For all the money it costs to get celebrities the producers could easily save that and get proper VAs instead. I remember when they did that CG Scooby movie and they replaced all the actors (except Welker, presumably because they couldn't find a celebrity who could do Scooby Doo) with celebrities like Zac Effron, Amanda Seyfried, etc. I'd fuck Amanda Seyfried, I wouldn't listen to her. Half the kids who watched it probably have no idea who the celebrities are and were probably leaving the cinema confused as to why the characters didn't sound like they do on the cartoon shows

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:44 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:57 am
It's common for black celebs to only have their first name or stage name as their billed name, like they're unique.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:29 pm

Osterzone wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:44 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
It's common for black celebs to only have their first name or stage name as their billed name, like they're unique.
Your last name doesn't mean much if you don't know who your father was.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:44 pm

Osterzone wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:44 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
They hired a nigger to do Lola. Christ almighty I thought the last VA was fine.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.