"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Lindsay's Liver

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:48 pm

OKAY, I gave in to the anti-hype. I watched a few more rage videos and got curious what these Youtubers in their 30s and 40s are so mad about. I did something I didn't think I was going to do before this morning.

I watched the first episode of Mallrats of The Universe.

My deep thoughts: Eh, it was okay. Until the end, at least.

The good: The art is decent. It puts across the fantasy world well.

The awkward: MOTU is so inherently childish that the grimdark approach feels wrong. There are a few kiddle-level jokes that nod toward the 80s show, but I needed more camp.

The "Who cares?": Okay, so He-Man dies in the first episode. I don't consider that a problem. He's going to come back. Whatever, whatever.

The BAD: Teela's turn at the end makes zero sense. She's the new head of the royal guard. Her job is to fight and, if needed, willingly die to protect the king and queen. She should be stoic as hell. Thick-skinned. Hard as a rock. She should NOT turn into a 15-year-old girl running away from home at the end. She makes He-Man's death all about her. Teela's feelings are hurt because she wasn't let in on the secret of his real identity. It's horrible writing.

It MIGHT make sense if Teela's arc is that she's an idiot who grows up over the course of the series. This is 2021 though, and we all know there's no way that's happening.

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:36 pm

Dehbashi wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:04 pm
They have to be straight trolling at this point. :lol:
The writing staff for Nu-Man:
Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:40 pm

>Hollywood screenwriters are a bunch of faggots
This is me, shocked

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:31 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:35 pm
I don't care for Smith but he has tons of money, a wife
A feminist, vegan nutjob who turned him into what he is today.
When it comes to having more money than Blobert, anyone with a 9 to 5 job has more money than Blobert.
Guest wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:35 pm
is regularly sexually active
He bragged about that on Twatter, meaning that she fucks Tyrone while he isn't even allowed to watch.
Even before the Internet was a thing, there were people who have sex, and people who brag about the sex they don't have.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:45 pm

Complicity wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:31 pm
all that shit
You're being very autistic about me saying that he's more successful than Blob. This is an inarguable fact, and should not be confused with actual praise or endorsement for Kevin Smith.

Kevin Smith is simply what Blob would be if he weren't a sociopath

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:49 pm

I don't care how much money Kevin Smith has. I would rather be rotting away in a sewer than be as cucked as he is. Also noticed how he never mentions his religion anymore. Funny thing, that.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:57 pm

While I certainly wouldn't want to be Kevin Smith, I probably would like to have his money and the opportunities he's had and pissed away

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:08 am

Those tweets from the writers are interesting. I bet that a young unknown CAN'T get a job these days writing in mainstream TV/streaming/film unless their (leftist) politics are out there on Twitter. Being apolitical on Twitter and just posting cookie recipes and jokes about waiting in line at the supermarket probably isn't good enough. Producers need to know where you stand on the issues before you can write for the Care Bears revival. It's too common for that not to be the case.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:16 am

I also add that use of social media is probably mandatory for these people. They won't look at your work if you don't use it

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:17 am

>implying they aren't hiring exclusively from their already established social media clique
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette