"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
CuckTurdginson

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:23 pm

It’s just so poorly written.

And Glenn Howerton does the voice - he’s very funny on Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia - but playing Fred as Dennis Reynolds just doesn’t work. And that seems to be 60% percent of his voice direction.

Multiple times my stoned ass thought “who is this for?” Because it’s not for kids - the IPs been around a half century and every subsequent iteration has been made for kids.
It’s not for fucking potheads either - because the jokes are either overwrought CA tier references or Kaling going on diatribes about whitey.

It’s the kind of thing where you wonder if it was put out so everyone would hate it so HBO could gin up viewership - but I’m not convinced of that. I think Mindy Kaling genuinely thought this was going to succeed by appealing to a demographic that doesn’t fucking like anything and alienating everyone else.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:49 pm

She made it for herself + the orbiters within her circle (AKA the self-same circle of "closest friends" of whom she never reveals the identities of her children's fathers to).
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:54 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:23 pm
Multiple times my stoned ass thought “who is this for?”
"Mature/Edgelord reboot of a children's IP" is just another kind of terrible reboot. Just look at MobieBlob's amazing ideas for Care Bears.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:24 pm

Somehow, I was spared that.
ebin namefag wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:28 pm

It's basically Paradise Lost.
With Grumpy Bear as Lucifer.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:45 pm

It is telling that Warner did not allow them to use the character Scooby-Doo, a mascot that is now more associated with WB than Bugs Bunny, in Velma. There was a line and that line was Scooby-Doo as a brand association.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:12 am

I think they’re setting that up. It’s implied that the killer stealing everyone’s brains is trying to put one in a dog to make it talk.
ebin namefag wrote:

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:04 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:12 am
I think they’re setting that up. It’s implied that the killer stealing everyone’s brains is trying to put one in a dog to make it talk.
I'll eat my words if true because that is a stupid enough idea to be in this show. They would have to explain why Scooby-Doo can speak in a cartoon universe. :roll:

I'm off the wagon, pass me the joint.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Msauce

Post by Msauce » Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:25 am

Speaking of leaked pilots of reboots, the Tiny Toons reboot pilot got leaked.

https://litter.catbox.moe/v11d6d.mp4

The animation is much better than the Clone High Reboot Pilot, but the writing and voices need to be worked on, because wow they don't work man, don't work.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:42 am

Msauce wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:25 am
Speaking of leaked pilots of reboots, the Tiny Toons reboot pilot got leaked.

https://litter.catbox.moe/v11d6d.mp4

The animation is much better than the Clone High Reboot Pilot, but the writing and voices need to be worked on, because wow they don't work man, don't work.

That... Can't be real.
SpoilerShow