"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by Moe Bitches » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:55 pm

Not the nigger!
Noooooooooo
Anything for those diversity tokens.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:04 pm

Lola was always a bunny of color. She's just a very pale one.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:22 pm

Warner has always been shitty to their VAs. They never credited them in the Golden Age. Mel Blanc finally got it put in his contract that he would get screen credit. But the others VAs still weren't credited and has led to the false belief that Blanc voiced all the WB characters.

Now Warner is extremely paranoid of another Blanc situation (a VA with clout), so they always switch VAs out and around so people don't get too used to them in the role. Even though I think most people would rather just hear Kevin Conroy as Batman in everything, WB doesn't care.

The celebrity voice thing... that seems to have been an escalating trend over the decades. The first time I recall celebrity stunt casting was when Hasbro did it in Transformers: The Movie. Did Hasbro really think people were going to rush to the theater because Judd Nelson did a voice? Then when the Transformers season 3 aired on TV, all the celebs were replaced with regular VAs, and nothing was lost at all.
Last edited by Liar Revealed on Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:27 pm

This is pretty common here in Krautland where a lot of CGI movies get "blessed" with an "all-star" cast of washed-up comedians.
I think my favorite example was the german dub of Cars, where they decided to give Niki Lauda some minor role - who's not an actor, which became painfully obvious anytime his character opened his mouth.

That Sanic movie also had the bright idea to hire some German Youtuber to do Sanic's voice, in case you want your movie to sound more like a fandub.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:25 pm

You krauts dubbing everything is disgusting whatever way you put it

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:05 am

Our people have been indoctrinated to expect this. You can't imagine how quickly Krauts zone out if they hear even English.

The only exception to this are Turkish movies (usually comedies), who are actually shown in cinemas with subs only because only Turkish people are gonna watch them, anyways.
-Yours Truly

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:51 am

Who cares if VAs are credited or not when the movie will bomb anyway because LeBitch China is in it instead of Micheal Jordan?
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:27 pm
This is pretty common here in Krautland where a lot of CGI movies get "blessed" with an "all-star" cast of washed-up comedians.
I think my favorite example was the german dub of Cars, where they decided to give Niki Lauda some minor role - who's not an actor, which became painfully obvious anytime his character opened his mouth.
Same here.
There's an episode of the Simpsons featuring soccer player Francesco Totti.
The guy could barely read the script and was unable to hide his accent.
The mad scientist of Dead Space 1 was dubbed by Dario Argento.
Same result.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:07 pm

Daria Sargento killed Anthony Bourdain with his penis.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:47 pm

Your boy is back! You know the one:

I'm not sure what to feel about this.

Here's a video talking about the art shift of the show:

The tl;dw version:
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:33 pm

Bringing back subjects of internet ridicule is smart. All publicity is good publicity. Worked for the Bubsy reboot.