Books

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Books

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:18 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:15 pm
I always found it funny how King hated Stanley Kubrick's film adaptation and ended up making a shittier TV mini-series version as a result.
And I always found it funny that, for an adaptation he supposedly hated so much, he ripped off like 90% of Kubrick's visuals for the TV miniseries

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:44 pm

Most of the King books I read were mediocre. I'll give him credit for The Shining. I enjoyed that one. But then I read Carrie and thought it was shit. Same for the Stand. I have a massive fucking volume of The Stand somewhere in my piles of books, and I regret owning that.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:01 pm

Stephen King is mediocre and very overrated. Carrie is a shit book, but De Palma made it a really good movie. The Shining isn't anything special either, Kubrick fixed the shortcomings of the story and made a great film of it.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:53 pm

Anyone here know about this Wheel of Time thing that everyone on social media is buzzing about?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:32 pm

Weak trolling, rushy.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:43 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:32 pm
Weak trolling, rushy.
I don't know if it's trolling as much as the furfag wants to talk about Wheel of Tim and is too autistic to just come out and say it.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:17 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:43 pm
Guest wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:32 pm
Weak trolling, rushy.
I don't know if it's trolling as much as the furfag wants to talk about Wheel of Tim and is too autistic to just come out and say it.
It takes an autist not to realise I literally came out and said it. :lol:

In any case, I was just asking if anyone's read it and can tell me if it's worth a damn.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:34 pm

Rushy wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:17 pm
In any case, I was just asking if anyone's read it and can tell me if it's worth a damn.
It doesn't cater to your particular tastes. You'll be much happier with the World Enough, And Time series by James Khan.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:15 pm

Rushy wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:53 pm
Anyone here know about this Wheel of Time thing that everyone on social media is buzzing about?
I assume the actual main character is not the 3DPD that is front and center on literally every related ad banner and other promotional image I have come across.
And whatever the actual books were like, I assume the adaptation is more like Game of Thrones. Probably with more magic.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:36 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:15 pm
I assume the adaptation is more like Game of Thrones
That's exactly what it is. All these streaming platforms are trying to make their rival to Game of Thrones, except all of them have got to be woke as well. Amazon have this and they're also doing an adaptation of Tolkien's works that promises to be a piece of dogshit. Kikeflix have Witcher which is likewise a piece of woke dogshit.