Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
ebin namefag

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by ebin namefag » Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:06 am

When I first watched Twinbee I wasn't into the SOL stuff at all. My brain turned off unless weird shit was happening.
The season 2 filler episodes stink. I regret watching them thinking they would matter.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:21 am

Rushy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:48 pm
so far, my impression of Twin Peaks is that it's a soap opera where all the lovable weirdos in America have somehow been trapped in the same town together
That's an entirely accurate assessment of the show.
Sadly, the second season is lacking and the ending abrupt. Enjoy it while it lasts!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:24 pm

Season 1 - Classic stuff for me, though I've heard more than one young person today say that they find it slow.

Season 2 - It goes off the rails at times, but I still like it. This season gets deeper into the mysteries of the woods. There's probably some nostalgia at work for me. The highlights are the David Lynch-directed episodes. I think there are four of them.

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - Like a lot of people, I didn't like this when it came out. I didn't understand why it, a prequel, needed to exist when Season 2 had this cliffhanger just sitting there ignored. These days I like it a lot. It's beautifully made and has great music. The best way to approach it is as a David Lynch movie about a troubled, abused girl rather than a revival of the TV show. It has a whole other vibe.

Season 3 (aka Twin Peaks: The Return) - My favorite. Like the movie, you might have to be into this for David Lynch rather than wanting those 1990-91 vibes back because they aren't here. This is the Lynchiest thing that Lynch has ever done. It's free and insane and seems to follow no template. Watching this unfold in 2017 was exciting because you had no idea where it was going or who even would show up in each episode. They were very secretive about every aspect of it.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:23 pm

I'd say Lost Highway is the most Lynchian movie of his by far.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:47 am

rabidtictac wrote:
rabidtictac wrote:

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:08 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:23 pm
I'd say Lost Highway is the most Lynchian movie of his by far.
I like all Lynch movies, really, including that one, though I might rank "Lost Highway" a little lower solely because of the music. Marilyn Manson and Rammstein and Nine Inch Nails and all that. YUCK. Otherwise, it's a great modern take on film noir.

It's so odd that a filmmaker as crazy as him is basically a household name. A theater here did a Lynch retrospective over a week or two last summer. They showed all of his movies. We went to four or five of them and they were all packed. I think the first one we went to was "The Elephant Man" on a Sunday afternoon. I thought there would be 15 people there. We showed up a few minutes before the movie started and it was almost sold out. We had to sit in horrible seats. And they were all like that, the ones that we saw, at least.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:38 am

He is to surreal movies what Cowboy Bebop is to animu.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:09 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:38 am
He is to surreal movies what Cowboy Bebop is to animu.
In terms of fame, yes. But Perfect Blue would be the much better comparison.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:15 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:08 am
I like all Lynch movies, really, including that one, though I might rank "Lost Highway" a little lower solely because of the music. Marilyn Manson and Rammstein and Nine Inch Nails and all that. YUCK. Otherwise, it's a great modern take on film noir.
The opening set to I'M DERANGED is pretty ebin.
rabidtictac wrote:
rabidtictac wrote:

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:54 am

So let me see if I follow this... Detective Cooper is gonna throw rocks at a glass bottle while a deputy reads out names. And if he smashes it, the last person named is the main murder suspect. And this is based on a Tibetan dream he had.

Okay.

It's not even the fact that it's surreal, because I expected that, but it's just how casually it becomes complete nonsense after two episodes of being a zany soap opera.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.