Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
ebin namefag

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by ebin namefag » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:38 pm

wulfenlord wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:55 am
Doesn't the "Everyone who dislikes this is a rayyycist h8tur REEEEE" shtick get boring?
Not as boring as watching TV.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
Uguuboi wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 pm
Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:51 am

Kingdom (the Korean TV series with the zombies)

Talk about a breath of fresh air. I really like what this one's doing in terms of setting and zombies.

I am sure more educated scholars of zombiedom can correct me on this one, but I feel like there's just not enough (high-profile) historical zombie stuff out there. Why make yet another zombie production set in the present day if you can tell a tale about a more proactive Black Death, for example?
It really changes how you can approach the zombie menace if swords are readily available, but the most advanced gun is a fucking flintlock rifle. You also avoid the endemic issue of "How come everyone acts as if they've never heard of zombies?" that plagues most zombie movies and series.

The zombie virus (or whatever this is, exactly) does not fuck around. There's no tired old "Character gets bitten, but keeps it hidden from the rest of the cast" in this. If you get bitten you turn in a matter of seconds. Once the zombie masses of entered a city it's pretty much game over for that place.
The pacing of the zombie apocalypse is also pretty interesting, since the zombies are strictly nocturnal. As soon as the sun sets they crawl into whatever dark crevice they can find and turn into regular corpses again. They're like giant cockroaches or something.
The zombies also have some nice, creepy touches, like how they contort and jerk around when they turn or wake up, which makes them look like puppets or something. They also tend to flop like a sack when they stumble or pile onto a victim, which must've been fun for the stunt actors.

I do wonder however if more progressive voices have pointed out that the zombie makeup is basically blackface with a Halloween flourish.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:36 am

Sorry to stomp on your thing, but the urge to kill has risen:

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:43 am

Who hires her? Who books her? There is not a single soul on this godforsaken planet that thinks she is funny. Stop giving her money!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:15 am

Inb4 spergcat's 'would'.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:31 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:43 am
Who hires her? Who books her? There is not a single soul on this godforsaken planet that thinks she is funny. Stop giving her money!
I can only assume she knows where various powerful people have shota bodies buried, and she has too many contingency plans set up to just have an "accident".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:47 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:31 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:43 am
I can only assume she knows where various powerful people have shota bodies buried, and she has too many contingency plans set up to just have an "accident".
Yeah, let's not forget that her cousin is the fucking Senate Majority Leader. She's connected

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:26 pm

"Dahmer" on Netflix is boring as shit.

Most serial killers are half-retarded impulsive loners. They're interesting for a brief documentary or a magazine article at most, but Netflix decided that we needed about nine hours about this Milwaukee faggot. For the whole first two episodes (45 minutes each) we're just chilling out with Jefferey Dahmer watching him do fucked up shit (no gore). Part of Dahmer's story is how incompetent the local police were so there's no subplot about the investigation or anything like that. It's all Dahmer all the time and it's very slow. Even the actors say their lines slowly and put long pauses between sentences. It's like everyone is trying hard to pad things out to fill ten episodes.

I'm not sure what the point of it all is, from what I've seen so far, but there are hints they might make something out of how Dahmer's preferred victims seem to be gay black men and he lived in a black neighborhood so that's why the police were so useless.

Will I ever find out? I don't know. I think I'm going to stop watching it. My wife didn't like it, either.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:34 pm

Wake me up when they do the Supreme Gentleman next.

(It will probably be about how his *white* half made him do it.)
-Yours Truly

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:37 pm

Could be risky, seeing as his daddy is very much in the business