Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:14 pm

Streaming should be amazing in concept. You should be able to just subscribe to amazon prime and get all the criterion shit, all the good '80s action movies, all the westerns, all the martial arts, all the detective tv, old boomer tv shows like bonanza or alfred hitchcock etc etc. Everything that isn't Prime Time Normie Television should be all available in the same streaming service. Netflix used to kind of be that way. I remember when Netflix had mostly oldshit on it and a lot of (actually well-known and liked) movies. But it's not that way anymore. There's a lot of stuff that simply isn't available on ANY streaming service. The only way to watch it is to pirate or pay for it.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:31 am

Been watching Breaking Bad.

I would like the people who hate Season 5 (might be just Kugel, but I could be wrong) to list all their problems with it. Don't worry about spoilers, I know most of them anyway.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:05 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:31 am
What year is this?

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:18 pm

Hey are you guys excited for the upcoming self-title Metallica album? I'm getting a little sick of all these normies showing up after the One video. They should follow this new death metal trend to scare said normies off. Something along the lines of this:

Lars would have to take some drum lessons but hey, music is about better yourself at your craft, right?
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:16 pm

I only watched it once, but I like all of "Breaking Bad". I don't recall or a season or even an episode that I didn't like.

Also, I watch shit late all of the time. It's what happens in world with an abundance of media at your fingertips, which brings me back to:
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:14 pm
Streaming should be amazing in concept. You should be able to just subscribe to amazon prime and get all the criterion shit, all the good '80s action movies, all the westerns, all the martial arts, all the detective tv, old boomer tv shows like bonanza or alfred hitchcock etc etc. Everything that isn't Prime Time Normie Television should be all available in the same streaming service. Netflix used to kind of be that way. I remember when Netflix had mostly oldshit on it and a lot of (actually well-known and liked) movies. But it's not that way anymore. There's a lot of stuff that simply isn't available on ANY streaming service. The only way to watch it is to pirate or pay for it.
Netflix was a sea of B-movies and trashy stuff when it began streaming. Indie slasher movies and Troma movies, which I liked. The first movie I remember streaming was "Bloodsucking Freaks" on Netflix. Also, it wasn't seperate yet from the DVD-by-mail service. One day you looked at your DVD queue and there was a button next to some titles saying "Watch Now" (or something like that) and you could stream it without paying extra. One of the first prestigious things they had streaming, to my memory, was when they briefly had the Criterion Collection. They had some low-budget originals like documentaries that they don't offer at all anymore. I wonder if some of that stuff is available in any form now.

We might have something close to your vision above eventually. In the big picture, streaming is still a new thing. It's going to be different in ten years. Right now there are something like ten services all going for the same mainstream audience (Netflix, Hulu, Disney, Paramount, Peaock, etc.). In time, they'll HAVE to merge because some of those things aren't going to get traction on their own.

There's still a chance for streaming to be cool. I'll always dislike how it helped kill the arthouse, but I'm old.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:20 pm

Pope Corky III wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:31 am

I would like the people who hate Season 5 (might be just Kugel, but I could be wrong) to list all their problems with it. Don't worry about spoilers, I know most of them anyway.
Unnecessary and overly silly. The whole "upping the stakes" thing had just worn out it's welcome.
I don't hate it. It's just shit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:19 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:16 pm
We might have something close to your vision above eventually. In the big picture, streaming is still a new thing. It's going to be different in ten years. Right now there are something like ten services all going for the same mainstream audience (Netflix, Hulu, Disney, Paramount, Peaock, etc.). In time, they'll HAVE to merge because some of those things aren't going to get traction on their own.
The Wingdings of Power might be the beginning of the end for the streaming clusterfuck. No way anyone will ever waste that much money on an original production anymore.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:22 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
There's still a chance for streaming to be cool. I'll always dislike how it helped kill the arthouse, but I'm old.
I think arthouse was dead way before streaming

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:43 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:19 pm
Lindsay's Liver wrote:
The Wingdings of Power might be the beginning of the end for the streaming clusterfuck. No way anyone will ever waste that much money on an original production anymore.
Good. You don't need one billion dollars to make a good show anyway. Bezos just underwrite a blank check to retards to MAKE A STAND FOR DIVERSITY instead of actually making something good. That deserves to fail no matter what.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:51 pm

I have no idea why any streaming service would spend a billiion dollars on any new series. Unless you just really think that the theatrical experience is over (and I don't think it is).

Netflix has scored some major viral hits with long-form documentaries that I would be surprised if they cost more than 10 million.

I have no doubt that Amazon passed on dozens of better, lower-cost ideas than "Rings of Power" before they greenlit that monstrosity.