Hollywood Rehashings (Nostalgia fucking blows...)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Hollywood Rehashings (Nostalgia fucking blows...)

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:27 am

Poonoo wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:54 pm
If they keep fucking up with localisation though they will rise again. Never underestimate the power of autism.
It's not the availability of the streaming sites that's the problem, although that's certainly a factor. It's the fact that they've got lawyers behind them. Their lawyers keep taking down the fansub groups and after a while most groups would just get tired of having to deal with C&Ds, so they fold. Leaving only shit quality streamers with their 'localisations' to supply lonely weebs with animu
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:29 am

Rushy wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:49 pm
Can't wait for the Flash animated, PC Animaniacs reboot
Thank god this is an unsearched forum or I'd worry you just gave them their next shitty rehash... that sounds unholy.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:16 am

CIANIgger wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:29 am
Thank god this is an unsearched forum or I'd worry you just gave them their next shitty rehash... that sounds unholy.
They're already doing it, that's why he said it
http://archive.is/m1mMp
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:23 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:16 am
CIANIgger wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:29 am
They're already doing it, that's why he said it
http://archive.is/m1mMp
phpBB [video]
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:58 am

Animu is doomed.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:02 pm
And then one cunt comes in and she will use the thirst to change everything. Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
In that case I hope they do ecchi harem shit. That aught to make for a weird gag sub.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:17 am

Fucking animaniacs.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:53 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:29 pm
I'm not aware of any anime (except for maybe Sazae-san) that is done entirely in Japan anymore.
Kyoto Animation animates entirely in their Kyoto area. Something about being cheaper to do in Kyoto than Tokyo. It's all garbage.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:27 am
It's not the availability of the streaming sites that's the problem, although that's certainly a factor. It's the fact that they've got lawyers behind them. Their lawyers keep taking down the fansub groups and after a while most groups would just get tired of having to deal with C&Ds, so they fold. Leaving only shit quality streamers with their 'localisations' to supply lonely weebs with animu
C&D's don't mean shit for animu. All the fansubbers just go under on their own. All the Blu-ray encoding groups either go RAW or just copy and paste Crunchyroll, and the supposed fansubbers are just using """improved""" Crunchy scripts as well.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:09 pm

Besides, not every anime is available on those streaming sites.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:47 pm

I assist on two different fansub groups. I basically do quality control-- making sure the translation is correct and looking for typos. Most of the stuff we translate is stuff that will never get licensed, for various reasons.

There have been professional subs that have been purposely altered for legal reasons and because of political correctness. Angel Cop is infamous for its Anti-Semitic themes. That was totally removed in the subs. I remember watching Dominion (2) and there was a part when the Police Chief hung up on someone reporting a husband and wife fighting. That was changed to "a stolen bicycle". Jojo's Bizarre Adventure has gone totally overboard in removing the music references. Even for one-word names. The stand "Echoes" had to be renamed because apparently there's some song or band with that name.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:54 pm

Didn't a lot of Stands get renamed? At least in the manga translation?
-Yours Truly