Hollywood Rehashings (Nostalgia fucking blows...)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Hollywood Rehashings (Nostalgia fucking blows...)

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:54 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:49 pm
This movie looks like shit.
It's a Current Year Hollywood production, so duh.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:15 pm

An algorithm could make these movies, that's where we are.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:03 pm

>could
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:05 pm

Based on that AI bot that can generate scenes from a simple description, I'm pretty sure an AI,-generated movie script would be much better than current Hollywood goyslop.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:09 am

I’m mildly curious as to whether it’ll be worse or better than Crystal Skull.

FemIndy isn’t a much better actor than LaBeef - and no Spielberg, so likely worse?
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:48 am

Based on everything I've seen and heard from this it looks like they're trying to do Crystal Skull on steroids

Thought Harrison Ford was too old to play Indy in Crystal Skull? How about an almost literally hundred year old Harrison Ford for this latest one?

Thought Shia LaBeouf was annoying? How about a snarky feminist who upstages Indiana Jones in everything and who everyone says is so brilliant and wonderful?

Thought aliens didn't belong in Indiana Jones? How about some fucking time travel instead?

In much the same way that /tv/ posters claimed the prequels weren't so bad/were actually good when Disney Wars came along and was absolute shit, you're probably going to get a whole new wave of contrarians who'll say that Crystal Skull wasn't so bad/was actually good when Disney Jones comes along and is considerably worse

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:15 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:09 am
It'll make Crystal Skull's laundry list of horseshit narrative decisions look relatively tame by comparison, similar to how the Sequels were to the Prequels; somehow even worse than the previous POS, and this always happens whenever the Mouse touches something.
Also, Mangold predictably sperged out again in regards to the trailer seemingly confirming the leaks. >no one is replacing Indy
Sure, and Benedict Cumberbatch "isn't Khan." :roll:
Prolonged responses always (usually) confirm compromised info.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:31 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:09 am

FemIndy isn’t a much better actor than LaBeef - and no Spielberg, so likely worse?
At least Crystal Dull gave Indie a kinda dignified sent-off and only teased at the possibility of Shia LaBitch becoming the next Indy.
This time however we have a female apprentice. In a Current Year production. There is no chance in hell she won't upstage Indy every chance she gets.
Plus part of the time travel leaks involve Indy being effectively erased from existence, so she will literally replace him.

Now the only real question is whether or not there will be a scene where FemIndy calls ManIndy a racist colonizer for stealing all those treasures from noble bushmen.
-Yours Truly

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:25 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:31 am
Now the only real question is whether or not there will be a scene where FemIndy calls ManIndy a racist colonizer for stealing all those treasures from noble bushmen.
Oh God, I hadn't considered that. You just know that's going to be in there. Disney won't let Indiana Jones get away without being lectured and administered to about how deeply problematic he is for effectively stealing ancient artifacts from indigenous people

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:32 am

"It belongs in a museum!"
"It belongs to the people, shitlord!"
-Yours Truly