Dead Celebrities aren't much fun

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Dead Celebrities aren't much fun

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:39 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:31 pm
Can any of you gun guys verify if that is possible? Because it sounds like complete BS to me.
The Dukes of Hazzard guy did a very helpful video

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:44 pm

"I didn't fire the gun. I was merely holding it when it fired on its own!"
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:48 pm

If Baldwin gets charged, he's finished. A good prosecutor will tear that defence to pieces. One wonders why he'd go on TV and dig a bigger hole for himself when his best move was to shut the fuck up entirely. Whole thing gives me Prince Andrew vibes

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:53 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:39 pm
Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:31 pm
Can any of you gun guys verify if that is possible? Because it sounds like complete BS to me.
The Dukes of Hazzard guy did a very helpful video
Definitely was the best video in explaining why it was nonsense. To explain it quickly in case you don't want to watch the whole video.

1) Revolver used on set was single action. What it means is that the hammer needs to be pulled back manually, locked in place then trigger pulled for it to fire.

2) Revolver has a couple of hitches to lock hammer in place. Half cocked, used to reload the gun, and fully cocked to fire the gun. So even if he screwed up in fully cocking the gun, it won't fire since the hammer wouldn't swing completely forward due to the half cocked hitch.

3) What most likely happened is that the dumbass was pulling the trigger before pulling the hammer thus preventing it from locking into place making it swing forward this firing the bullet. That's used in fanning the gun to get you shoot multiple shots quickly from a revolver.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:58 pm

Funny part in the interview was him assblasted by George Clooney for calling his dumbass out explaining how he checks the guns before each scene as a competent actor is supposed to do. :lol:

Also if the armorer wasn't in the church on set as the reports were saying since this killing happened, then Baldwin was violating the rules from his own union on letting the armorer open the gun up, showing it to you directly to make sure no unnecessary projectiles are in the gun.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:09 pm

Just to clarify, the hammer has four resting positions, three of those cocked.
First is the very small stage you saw in the video. That's the safety. It's lifted off just a tiny bit, so it doesn't touch the primer.

That safety rest is implemented because in the very early days when White had the patent on revolver drums being fully bored through to be able to load a pre-manufactured cartridge - like virtually all ammunition today - Colt licensed it.
But many manufacturers just copied the system anyway, some very badly, and thus the problem was that the striker of the hammer would rest directly on the primer and with weak spring pressure and shitty ammo a bump to the hammer could lead to accidental discharge.

As a consequence, many kept one chamber unloaded, turning a six shooter into a five shooter.
Colts with properly made ammunition never had that problem. But the distrust of the customers in those relatively new pistols was sown, so that safety notch was created.
Especially today, it's more of a piece of mind, than necessary.

Speaking of current production single action revolvers and modern ammunition, if you manage to cock that hammer at all with a fanning motion, it's either going to set it to at least that minimal safety position or it will bounce back with so little force that it won't set the cartridge off.

As for it just going off on its own with a cocked hammer but the trigger not pulled, that's basically impossible. The shear would have to be ground off entirely. It's solid steel. You'd have to fire a weapon untold thousands upon thousands of times for that being the case.
If an armourer, prop guy and the one handling the firearm don't notice that you can't cock the hammer at all, that's some extreme negligence.

Long story short, Baldwin's assessment that it's a one in a trillion doesn't cut it. Nobody checked if the gun was loaded, when three people should have. The chance of a malfunction being what caused the hammer to get uncocked without a trigger pull is almost infinitely smaller than him just lying but even if it was it should be been without consequence for the gun should not have been loaded, checked by an armourer and live ammunition should've been nowhere near the set anyway.

And what a shit interview by that libshit nuthugger. A professional actor showing emotions? Over shooting someone to death by accident? It doesn't get more meaningless, as far as observations are concerned.
If you'd run over a child while drunk driving, I bet you'd be absolutely devastated. Doesn't mean shit legally. If faking emotions is your profession, it means even less.

tl;dr: Fucker is lying.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:11 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:09 pm
And what a shit interview by that libshit nuthugger. A professional actor showing emotions? Over shooting someone to death by accident? It doesn't get more meaningless, as far as observations are concerned.
If you'd run over a child while drunk driving, I bet you'd be absolutely devastated. Doesn't mean shit legally. If faking emotions is your profession, it means even less.
That's the main reason way everyone (Minus a few Exceptions) Hate Actors! What you have are assholes trained in the way of the Psychopath (i.e. people faking emotions when needed, having an constant condescending "Holier then Thou" attitude toward others, Etc.)

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:22 pm

B-b-but he feels soo sorry ;(
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:36 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:11 pm
That's the main reason way everyone (Minus a few Exceptions) Hate Actors! What you have are assholes trained in the way of the Psychopath (i.e. people faking emotions when needed, having an constant condescending "Holier then Thou" attitude toward others, Etc.)
This whole Baldwin fiasco has been, for me at least, a crash course reminder in why people hate these Hollywood narcissists. Baldwin killed a woman and, instead of doing the sensible thing which is to shut the fuck up, he's tried to blame the armourer, the prop master, the assistant director and even guns themselves for being so shootable. Basically everyone but himself. Then he gets on camera and fucking cries for the TV, launching into his sob story whilst lying his ass off about how the gun magically fired itself, like the sociopathic piece of shit he is.

I really hope he burns for this.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:50 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:36 pm
Baldwin killed a woman
Based.