What are you listening to?

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
wulfenlord

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by wulfenlord » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:03 am

YES!

Saw 'em first here, but heard them on and off since their edgy Psycho Circus phase. I know it's highly subjective but for me they are the best live band in the world. I have a feeling they know what it means to entertain, and built their whole outfit and personas around it - compare that to the faggot posers of Manowar who leave it at the last part. Their gigs are the essence of entertainment, even if some most of the songs are basic, and sadly Paul fucked his voice beyond repair, even then they are a joy to behold. Their pyromantic show is only comparable to Rammstein's, and they are 30 years older.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:19 am

Yeah, they've got some cool songs every now and then.

Miku does better lives, though.

Once you go glowstick you can never enjoy any other live show ever again.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:25 am

I'm not the biggest KISS fan, but they have a few hits that rock hard.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:12 pm

Their highs can be high, that much must be said.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:00 pm

wulfenlord wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:03 am
Saw 'em first here, but heard them on and off since their edgy Psycho Circus phase. I know it's highly subjective but for me they are the best live band in the world. I have a feeling they know what it means to entertain, and built their whole outfit and personas around it - compare that to the faggot posers of Manowar who leave it at the last part. Their gigs are the essence of entertainment, even if some most of the songs are basic, and sadly Paul fucked his voice beyond repair, even then they are a joy to behold. Their pyromantic show is only comparable to Rammstein's, and they are 30 years older.
I've never seen them live. I've liked them for awhile, but they're one of those bands that I treat as if they quit as soon as the 80s started. Their new tours and albums are invisible to me. No one I know talks about them so I just don't notice. Ah well.

All of the 70s albums hold up if you can get into the trashiness of them. I have them all on old vinyl. I probably paid about $3 each for them twenty years ago when vinyl was cheap.

Thinking about taking a deep-dive into their later stuff. I know it's hair metal junk, but I'm an 80s kid so I have a high tolerance for that stuff. I've been watching their 80s non-makeup videos on YouTube and I genuinely laugh at times at how ridiculous the band look and how over-the-top STUPID the songs are ("Let's Put the X in Sex" could be the dumbest song title in world history)... and then I walk around the rest of the day singing them!

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:16 am

I've heard from people who were listening to punk rock in England in the 70s that The Stranglers were considered uncool at the time. They were arrogant bandwagon-jumpers, they say, but I don't care about that in 2022. I love 'em. Punk rock with loud synthesizers that sound like old video games is a music sweet spot for me.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:10 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:00 pm
I know it's hair metal junk, but I'm an 80s kid so I have a high tolerance for that stuff.
I disagree. They play standard Rock'n'Roll. They certainly influenced Hair Metal but they are a far cry from Europe or Mötley Crüe. Which is meant as a compliment.
That said, there are better, less poppy Rock bands around the era of their strength.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:44 pm

I had to.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:14 am

Heh, I pulled out my copy of The Sex Pistols' "Never Mind the Bollocks" after the Queen's death. It's been at least twenty years since I played it and it holds up. You can't take it too seriously. It was an outrageous fashion statement for the time. It was a record that was intended to be as shocking as possible in the UK in 1977.

Every song on it is great. including "God Save the Queen", but the one that sticks with me most is "Bodies". It's the only great ANTI-ABORTION rock song that I can think of. It SHAMES the woman who kills her baby ("She was an animal/ She was a bloody disgrace!"; also "Fuck this and fuck that/ Fuck it all and fuck the fucking brat"!)

A band who has any hope of getting popular could NOT put out this song today.

Uguuboi

Post by Uguuboi » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:40 am

No Feelings is great, too