What are you listening to?

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Lindsay's Liver

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:02 am

This is a good place to mention that John Lydon, who lives in California now, is loathed by the woke left these days because he's a Trump supporter.

Musical Space Cowboy

Post by Musical Space Cowboy » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:33 pm

Of course Crash Thompson, the worst music reviewer on Youtube (and that's saying a lot), would say that.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:53 pm

>how dare these punk rockers offend me

:roll:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:28 pm

I imagine this to be the soundtrack when Diaphragma Hagane has sex masturbates with barbed wire.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:29 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:53 pm

It's almost as if those champagne commies think they are still the counter culture.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:59 pm

I don't know what counterculture even is anymore. Pride flag flyers and Trump haters ACT like they're counterculture while every corporate entity bows down to them. Meanwhile, as someone with right-wing views, I'M the one who they say kisses establishment ass even though my opinions put me at risk for being banned on every platform if I express them.

The game that the right plays with the left is not one of logic. It's a game of propaganda and social media can make a propgandist of anyone who wants to be one.

Back to music, Queen Elizabeth died and I played the Sex Pistols. Then I got thinking of John Lydon and I remembered this other song, "World Destruction", a 1984 collaboration with Afrika Bambaataa under the name Time Zone.

It's one of the top, underheard 80s bangers and one of the great, spooky, nuclear war fear songs of the time. I also notice that it does something that I can't imagine a popular modern artist doing, which is that it takes aim at the WHOLE SYSTEM. It's not about Left vs. Right. It's about how we're all fucked up and it's not going to end well.

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:20 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:29 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:53 pm
It's almost as if those champagne commies think they are still the counter culture.
I guess you got the memo that conservativism Is the NEW counter culture.
Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:59 pm
I don't know what counterculture even is anymore.
Saying nigger on the internet.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:06 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:59 pm
I don't know what counterculture even is anymore. Pride flag flyers and Trump haters ACT like they're counterculture while every corporate entity bows down to them.
As evidenced by one of the most recent poor, marginalized "victims" of right-wing hate being the most expensive TV series in the history of mankind, backed by one of the most powerful online marketplaces in the western world :roll:
These people are so entrenched in their "Fight the system" mentality that they don't even want to know that they have become the system.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:47 pm

In two nights, I'll be seeing Roxy Music play a weirdly huge stadium-sized venue in my fair city. I'm very curious as to why this reunited English art-rock group that had one US hit over forty years ago is playing the same place that normally hosts hockey games and concerts by the likes of Justin Bieber and Jennifer Lopez, but also very excited.

Plenty of Roxy Music spinning in the Lindsay's Liver household right now.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:57 pm

>inb4 needs to be quintuple vaxxed and masked to enter the venue