What are you listening to?

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
veris leta facies

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by veris leta facies » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:13 pm

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-oo-oo-ooh
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:38 pm

Don't go in the House! A warm film about the relationship between mother and son and with one killer soundtrack!
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:33 pm

I've heard so much just plain dirty and noisy Death Metal the last month, it was time for something melodic again.
After some scouting, I've found Xoth. They are most often described to play Technical Death Metal. I guess that fits well enough. But I'd more describe them as Mega Man X music.

Very melodic and sometimes drifting into more of a Power/Heavy Metal feel!
They have released three full length albums. The first two were well received, especially the second one, but I've been listening the most to the third one and I love this song especially:

I thought some of you might like this one. It's not often I post something that isn't mostly noise. :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:27 pm

Technical Death Metal is a difficult sub-genre. Especially because it rarely stands alone without an additional prefix.

Most Tech Death is Progressive Technical Death Metal. I fucking hate any kind of Progressive Metal.
Massive Prog Metal RantShow
Prog always comes with a massive load of pretentiousness, playing goofy-sounding notes by the dozens in every lick, just for the sake of being odd in timing, rhythm, tuning, tone and to be difficult to play.

You'll hear what could be a good riff or solo and then it'll just get drowned out by absolute bullshit. Mostly very dissonant sounds. It's "blowhard: the genre".

Tomb Mould absolutely fucked their shit up that way this year. While the last album was nice, rumbly Death Metal with just little bits of technical stuff to keep things interesting, their new album is a totally unlistenable piece of shit where absolutely every single riff is plagued by faggy bass wankery or oddly dyshamonic single note guitar picking.
Compare:

Just click around. Spotify wants to tell me it's Cavernous Death Metal, whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean.
It's not pretentious garbage in any case. Just mid-tempo, rumbling Death Metal.

Now this trash:

The beginning tells you all you need to know. What is that crap? And that's every damn song, every damn solo, every damn riff! All of them are this dissonant bullshit. We use sound scales for a reason, faggots!

This is what an imbecile makes when they want to play something technical.
Just make it as difficult to listen to as possible. So long as it's also difficult to play there will be fart-sniffing wankers of the Dunning-Kruger variety listening to it and tell people who don't like made up scales that they "don't get it".

Niggers, the lot of them! Nay, Tripleniggers!
I've shown you what kind of stuff I listen to. I can totally do without melodies. I unironically listen to Death Metal so rancid, so abrasive that under 1% of the population wouldn't just call it outright noise.

But I wouldn't even dream of telling someone that they "don't get it". There's nothing to get. That cacophony of buzzy noise is exactly what it is. That's it. You either like it or not. There's no odd timings no regular human would never even notice to "apprechiate". There's no manufactured dissonance only there to throw you off and be unusual.

There's no point at which Triumvir Foul will "click" for you. Nothing to understand. It's two guys that wanted to make the three nastiest, most hateful, foul albums ever and call it a day. A triumvirate of foulness.

It sounds like fucking hatred because that's what it is. No pretentiousness. Just blunt energy and violence. Its not difficult to listen to for the sake of pandering to retarded arsewipes like Tool fans.
It's difficult to listen to because they don't give a shit if you do or not. It's two extreme Metal musicians that just wanted to make something without compromise that wouldn't even fly in their other already extreme bands.

I feel hate like what Triumvir Foul sounds like boiling up in me whenever I hear progshit or progfags talk about their gay bullshit!

So finding a Melodic Tech Death band that doesn't even for a millisecond drift into the progshit trap is like finding a treasure.

Ophidian I (roman numeral 1, like a planet designation) is a no-nonsense Melodic Tech Death band from Iceand.
Check this madness out!

Every riff, bridge, lick and solo is like a MG42 salvo to the face!
And yet, it's all melodic. No odd bullshit that's just weird.

Yeah, that's some insane shredding right there. But none of it is pretentious. It's all entirely in service to the melody with loads of hooks anyone can get into.

And that's every song on the entire album! All high-speed lightning shredding with several heavy killer riffs per song, insane solos and bridges in between that actually go somewhere.
About 40 minutes and it's over. Absolute perfection!
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:12 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:29 pm

The elusive discography of Shiho Sakamoto made it to streaming a couple months ago.

Yuki Kimura's discography was also put up on streaming last month. Finally quality music, something only my posts bring to the music thread.

I've been listening to old italo disco from eurobeat regulars. Some of these tracks I forgot about because they're either album exclusive or not part of regular compilation CD rotation (I insist on listening to my torrented CD rips instead of using YouTube like a smart person).

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
Uguuboi wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 pm
Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:33 pm

If it has to be 3D and from Japan, none come close to Megumi-chan uwu
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:06 pm

Voices has never seen anything more horrifying than his reflection.
rabidtictac wrote:
Uguuboi wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:51 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:33 pm
If it has to be 3D and from Japan, none come close to Megumi-chan uwu
You're such a predictable faggot it's not even funny anymore.
>something japan
>voice posts shit music

The fuck is it with you and Japan anyway? You realise you're the German equivalent of some Nip westaboo raving about Schloss Neuschwanenstein and Sportsfreunde Stiller, right?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:46 am

Voices should have went to Japan instead of Goggles. They deserve him.
rabidtictac wrote:
Uguuboi wrote: