Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:50 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:34 pm
Post a summary so I don't have to hear this cunt talk.
Jewess is angry because she doesn't get enough shekels from other Jews jewing her. Jewess hires a Jewish lawyer to take her Jewish matter to court, where a Jewish judge will decide which Jew deserves the shekels. Internet Nobodies are either angry because she's RUINING MUH MAHVEL CANCEROUS UNIVERSE!!, or because they hate Jizzney, and making clickbait videos about the matter.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:05 pm

Can't believe these Jews are ruing my Jewish poison that masquerades as entertainment, smh.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:54 am

Jews rubbing hands more and more furiously is to blame for climate change.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:12 am

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:22 pm
Pretty much all of the geekshit channels I follow on Youtube hate Disney because of the Gina Carano firing. They're not reviewing or (positively) covering anything Disney, but they are enjoying this story.

Still, maybe the best summary that I've seen of the ramifications of this lawsuit is from Grace Randolph. She gets really into what it means for the future of streaming and how people get paid and all that.

That's a man.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:27 am

Grace > ScarJo

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:49 pm

From what I've read Emily Blunt and her goofy husband are suing Paramount over this streaming nonsense, and now Emma Stone is considering suing Disney over Cruella. Looks like we might see the end of same-day streaming pretty quick. Even WB's policy of putting their garbage on HBO Max a month after release might go away. After all, why pay a fortune to see it in theaters when you can just wait four weeks and watch it at home while tugging off?

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:56 pm

Celebrities didn't count on the plandemic they've stoked and stoked and stoked leading to less money for all of them

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:08 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:34 pm
Post a summary so I don't have to hear this cunt talk.
Streaming services are secretive about their viewing numbers and big name stars who take a lower salary than they're worth in exchange for a large cut of the profits (very common in movies and it can pay off huge) are likely to get screwed. No one trusts the studio's numbers. The old way of exclusive theatrical releases was more transparent. None of these stars and directors who were contracted to get paid based on profits are happy that their movies went to streaming this year, but at least Warner Bros paid bonuses when they decided to stream everything on HBO Max. Disney, however, did not do that and Scarlett JoNiceTits is the first star to sue over it. If she succeeds, Disney will likely have a lot more lawsuits coming and it will change the way that contracts for things like this are written.

For the vast majority of humanity, this is beyond irrelevant, but I've long been curious about how creators get paid from streaming so it's interesting to me.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:56 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:49 pm
Looks like we might see the end of same-day streaming pretty quick.
They will just change the contracts for all future productions.
Don't want to star in a movie that streams on day one? Have fun only appearing in Sharknado sequels.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:55 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:08 pm
Scarlett JoNiceTits
Maybe twenty years ago