Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
RedLine

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by RedLine » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:32 pm

A 2026 Tim Burton Batman movie with a mid-70s Michael Keaton, Danny Elfman music, and Johnny Depp as Clock King or Clayface or Mr.Freeze would probably not be a good movie but I think many people would still go see it.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:57 pm

Honestly the Burton Batman’s are tangentially capeshit - Batman’s kind of a freak weirdo and drops a shitton of bodies in both movies. Burton just made Burton movies - but they came out at a time when that wasn’t a terrible thing.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:29 pm

It's as if cozying up with the Mouse over a prolonged period gradually ruined him.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:12 pm

Tim Burton's Batman movies get by on a lot nostalgia that people my age feel for them, but there are some good things:

- Gotham looked cool and not quite of this world. By contrast, Schumacher made the city look like a gay nightclub and Nolan's Gotham went aggressively in the other direction to just be a normal city. I haven't seen the Rob Pattinson Batman, but I don't think any other Batman ever tried to compete with the visual style of Burton.

- They have a lot of personality. Tim Burton made movies about freaks when he started. Pee Wee Herman, Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, and Batman (and his villains)

- They're refreshingly ridiculous in today's world of Serious Capeshit. Jack Nicholson dancing to Prince music. The Penguin assembling a penguin army. Catwoman rising from the dead for a flimsy reason (if a bunch of cats all crawl over you after you die from a fall, you'll be resurrected as a cat-loving super villain?)

Bad things:

- Bad writing really. The first movie in particular feels like they were still writing it while they were making it. Even as a kid, I never liked that they made the Joker coincidentally happen to be the killer of Bruce Wayne's parents. Then the scene where Alfred casually lets Vicki Vale down to the Batcave makes no sense.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:19 pm

Burton's Batman also didn't waste any more time with his origin story than what was absolutely necessary.
And yeah, no other Batman came close to the proper gothic look of Gotham City.
Dehbashi wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:04 am
And Ezra Miller is gone. The only reason this movie is being released is because it has been completed and is the reboot. It would be gone like Batgirl if it wasn't.
I would say the "completed" bit is way more important than the "reboot" bit. They don't need to give an in-universe justification for their reboot. This isn't CWCville, ffs.
CuckTurdginson wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:57 pm
Honestly the Burton Batman’s are tangentially capeshit - Batman’s kind of a freak weirdo and drops a shitton of bodies in both movies. Burton just made Burton movies - but they came out at a time when that wasn’t a terrible thing.
The only reason why the Ben Affleck Batman didn't have a higher body count is because he didn't get a whole lot of action scenes.
RedLine wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:32 pm
A 2026 Tim Burton Batman movie with a mid-70s Michael Keaton, Danny Elfman music, and Johnny Depp as Clock King or Clayface or Mr.Freeze would probably not be a good movie but I think many people would still go see it.
>implying Johnny Depp will not play effectively the same Mad Hatter from Burton's Alice movies
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:54 pm

He would certainly want to act that way but you can't make Depp Jervis Tetch because that's too on the nose.

Joker has been done to death and already existed in the Burtonverse. Riddler has been done a lot as well and was the most recent movie villian. So I think they need to go with something else.
Last edited by RedLine on Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:10 pm

Clock King it is, then.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:30 pm

That guy definitely posts on DHI.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:05 pm

https://www.cbr.com/laurence-fishburne- ... ant-man-2/

I want this to be true. That’s a fantastic shitpost.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:03 pm

Modern MCU sets are basically 90% green screen, so I can forgive him for forgetting which exact movies he's been in.
-Yours Truly