Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:25 pm

Dehbashi wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:11 pm
Also she was charge of VFX and we all know how VFX artists have been complaining about Marvel the last couple of years.
They probably want someone more ruthless to squeeze more SFX out of these lowly dogs.
Dehbashi wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:25 pm
Flash will be fine because it will reboot the universe and because there has been talks about it being decent. If anything will tank that, it will be Ezra Miller being in the movie.
The problem with a movie were Ezra Miller reboots the DCEU is that the new DCEU might still include him.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:44 pm

I’m hard pressed to believe Gunn wouldn’t fire the fucker - yeah, he stuck up for Chris Pratt - but Ezra Miller is an actual psychopath, and Chris Pratt is just conservative - which only makes him a psychopath to the terminally tweeting. :lol:
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:04 am

Lol. Would be funny if Disney was more ruthless.

And Ezra Miller is gone. The only reason this movie is being released is because it has been completed and is the reboot. It would be gone like Batgirl if it wasn't.

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:16 am

>I’m hard pressed to believe Gunn wouldn’t fire one of his (((tribe))) brethren
Ya don't say? Pedos usually look out for each other.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:11 am

A few actors have had their entire performances get deleted and digitally replaced in movies (Kevin Spacey, Chris D'elia). Maybe Ezra Miller's role in "The Flash" presents some unique complications in pulling that off so they just went with what they had.

I'll be surprised if Ezra Miller continues to be a presence in these movies afterward. If they ditched Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot, they'll drop him, too. If no one involved is talking about that now, it may because they don't want to draw any more attention to Miller's legal issues than is already out there.

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:27 am

Guess they should just go full member berries and have Tim Burton direct another Michael Keaton Batman movie.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:57 am

RedLine wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:27 am
Guess they should just go full member berries and have Tim Burton direct another Michael Keaton Batman movie.
I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if they did that. Tim Burton hasn't had a big hit in awhile.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:27 am

The Burton Batman’s are as good as they are bc Burton made them at his creative peak. If he did it now, the emperor would have no clothes.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:28 am

Tim Burton was never passionate about the character, in any case. He was a lot more interested in the outrageous villains. I think Burton even said that he never read a Batman comic in his life. Also, the practical effects, make-up, and matte paintings are essential to the Burton movies and I don't see a guy like him getting interested in doing that again.

If I had to bet, I don't think that a new Batman movie from Tim Burton will actually happen, but if "The Flash" is really popular and Michael Keaton comes off well, I could see some memos getting passed around Warner Bros. about trying to get it going.

I was 12 when the 1989 Batman movie came out and it was the most excited I ever felt about a new movie in my life at the time. I saw it opening weekend, loved it, and then it kinda faded out of my adolescent mind. If you'd asked me about it in 2008, after I saw "The Dark Knight", I would have told you that it was terrible. I watched it again though during the 2020 lockdown when I was feeling nostalgic and buying 80s movies on Blu-ray every week, and it was refreshing, as a capeshit movie that doesn't take itself as seriously as the latest ones do.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:02 pm

Burton movies then: breddy ok.

Burton movies now: shit.

He became a hackfraud over time. Like Lucas but maybe not as bad, since you could argue that Lucas was never good.
SpoilerShow
I "enjoyed" Sweeney Todd but it's inferior to the broadway productions and the costuming is a fucking meme.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome