Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Dehbashi

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Dehbashi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:04 am

So Marvel is pushing another POC character and of course they don't know jack shit about them.
Filipinos have been roasting them in the comments because the name means genitals are heroes in their language. : :lol:
Of course the writer is someone who gave zero shit about her culture and only about the color of her skin.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:25 am

How is Marvel still going? Did the guvment bail them out?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:31 am

"I am so out of touch with my supposed heritage that I named my new comic character 'Shitdick Cockballs' in the language I only heard my quarter Flip granny speak once. But it's okay because I say so. Fuck you very much, actual Flips."
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:42 am

"And as a Fil Am kid who didn't see many characters like me, I'm glad that's changing because of this self-insert of mine"

And who gives new female capeshitters skirts in Current Year? JFC.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:19 pm

The mouth-mask is awful.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:29 pm

No wrinkles/depth.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:41 am

Looks more like someone was too lazy zo draw a mouth.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:25 am

Dehbashi wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:04 am
So Marvel is pushing another POC character and of course they don't know jack shit about them.
Filipinos have been roasting them in the comments because the name means genitals are heroes in their language. : :lol:
Of course the writer is someone who gave zero shit about her culture and only about the color of her skin.
All I see is a bunch of stupid social media handles. Who actually drew the damn thing?

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:14 pm

An eye-mask is halfway believable as something that hides your identity. Or a head-covering can serve as protection. A mask just over a character's mouth doesn't serve any purpose, not even the basic one which is simply looking cool. It's a political thing.

Another point: When I read comics back in the 1940s we got interested in new characters from reading them in a good story or seeing them in some great art. A tweet doesn't give you much to get excited about. "He's gay and Asian and wears a purple belt, yay!". But some people play along with it.

That said, the replies to Genitals are Heroes here is nearly wall-to-wall ridicule, which is great.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:21 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:25 am
All I see is a bunch of stupid social media handles. Who actually drew the damn thing?
A more competent twitter user who actually cares abotu capeshit might probably mention what these various handles actually did to make this art happen, but these yokels clearly care more about the virtue signaling.
-Yours Truly