Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
ebin namefag

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by ebin namefag » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:17 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:00 pm
Ever notice that the guys that really like the Joker, especially the Ledger/Nolan one, are all sub 80IQ mouthbreathers?
He's Shadow the Edgehog for slightly older manchildren.
Many of them grew up with the actual Shadow the Edgehog.
Pdiddy (gaynig) was doing jokester cosplay and bothering people a few months before he was made a target by the media. Theres a Redbar clip about it.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
Uguuboi wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 pm
Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:52 pm

I didn't care for the first "Joker". It's a cut above most comic book-based movies, I guess, but it also feels like the work of a mainstream dude who suddenly WISHES that he was a maverick auteur filmmaker. To achieve this effect, he riffs on "Taxi Driver" and "King of Comedy", but in unsubtle, dumbed-down ways. The director worships Scorsese so much that he can't get out from under his shadow. It's all very fake. It's the Tim Pool of movies.

One thing I respected about it though is that it had an ENDING. No tease for the next chapter. The movie made its point and it was done. The screen even says "The End". There's no reason for a sequel to exist. Except for the obvious reason, which is the billion dollars that the original made.

I am perversely curious about the sequel though. I think it's a good idea that it's apparently a musical. My hope is that it's a new "Gremlins 2". The director didn't want to make it, but gave in to the pressure and decided that if he had to make this movie it needs to be insane and ridiculous.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:01 pm

ebin namefag wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:17 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:00 pm
Ever notice that the guys that really like the Joker, especially the Ledger/Nolan one, are all sub 80IQ mouthbreathers?
He's Shadow the Edgehog for slightly older manchildren.
Many of them grew up with the actual Shadow the Edgehog.
Pdiddy (gaynig) was doing jokester cosplay and bothering people a few months before he was made a target by the media. Theres a Redbar clip about it.
And juggalos, don’t forget juggalos.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.