Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:11 am

It was kinda like that the last time they did a Kamen Rider remake, so it must be a proud tradition.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:50 am
Ranma fans were also really annoying, kind of like Narutards. They honestly thought it was the greatest manga/anime ever made.
I wonder how many of those diehard Ranman fans later turned into troons.
Complicity wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:28 am
Girls watched Sailor Moon, Lady Oscar and whatever Voice is watching

Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:23 am

Takashi Miike should be the one directing tokusatsu, since he's the Trash Master. His whole shtick is taking garbage and making it watchable somehow.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:36 am

I was a little too young to have consoomed any of Rumiko Takahashi's hits when they mattered so I grew up watching the greatest one of all, Inuyasha :^)
I still have a fondness for some of the ED themes of that show.
I had a couple episodes on in the background a couple months ago because I really
really wanted to get a good look at Yura of the Demon Hair again.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:40 am

Begone, foul wench!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:21 am

The first 4 or so mango volumes of Inuyashit were kinda alright. That was back when the manga had a more action-horror vibe, before they went full shounenshit and started doing the love triangle nonsense. They introduced too many characters who weren't "allowed" to die, which made every fight end in a stalemate or "i'll get you next time, gadget!"

The problem with Takahashi's mango is they turn into carbon copies of Ranma 1/2 after a while. The same endless "wacky hijinks" story with soap opera drama which goes on forever until finally wrapping up with a "lol wacky ending that confirms status quo haha."
SpoilerShow
Mermaid Saga and Maison Ikkoku are exceptions. Urusei Yatsura isn't, but that's also the only manga she wrote where "wacky hijinks" works.
Keep in mind that plenty of mango start out "okay" and then immediately go into the shitter after a couple volumes. Takahashi's stuff is that way. Bleach was that way. Most shounenshit is too (although My Pico Academia was shit from the start.)
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:08 am

I want the inventor of Faggot Academia to state that the plus ultra dude is based on Trump to ruin the show for all these redditors that watch it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:40 am

I want Wan Piss guy to admit he has no intention of stopping the gravy train while he's alive.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:50 am

Unfortunately it was already announced that the story is at/nearing its final story arc.
Then again the final story arc of Bleach was like 1/3 of the entire manga, and it probably would've been even more if it wasn't cancelled.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:08 am
I want the inventor of Faggot Academia to state that the plus ultra dude is based on Trump to ruin the show for all these redditors that watch it.
It was already ruined for some when some perverted little shit character turned out to be the first "official" character (if you go by the questionable translation of a single panel that may or may not imply that the guy is bi).
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:21 am
Keep in mind that plenty of mango start out "okay" and then immediately go into the shitter after a couple volumes. Takahashi's stuff is that way. Bleach was that way. Most shounenshit is too (although My Pico Academia was shit from the start.)
They're just following in the footsteps of their great spiritual liege. Dragon Ball quickly went FUBAR after Goku stopped being a manlet.
Though with shit like Bleach, I feel like the mangaka originally had other, much shorter plans for the story, but then the manga turned out to be such a success that they derped out and remodeled everything to fit into the typical shounenshit story arc assembly line. Then it quickly goes to shit cause the mangaka has no real idea how to write a story of this autistic magnitude (as seen by everything that went wrong with Bleach).

And in other news, the newest episode of Not-Decade features the angriest-looking Fursuit I've ever seen, and a villain from Dogengers (aka some other indie tokushit). Fuck, this really is turning into Not-Decade. Can't wait for Gun Caliber to make an appearance :lol:
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:52 am

Is there even a way to write shonenshit properly? You'll always run into the problem of absurd power creep, causing some random schmuck to go from barely winning a relatively realistic kumite to obliterating mountains and fighting gods.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:42 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:52 am
Is there even a way to write shonenshit properly? You'll always run into the problem of absurd power creep, causing some random schmuck to go from barely winning a relatively realistic kumite to obliterating mountains and fighting gods.
I like World Trigger. It has a very simple "magic" system that lays down basic ground rules, with general-purpose weapons equippable by anyone. The fights emphasize strategy and teamwork over ability. It's not so much what you have as how you use it. World Trigger has been called a stealth sports anime by some, since the story has a tendency to devolve into excuses to watch teams engaging in war games.

You also have shit like JoJo and Battle Angel Alita that tried to address the power creep in different ways. Alita tied it to cyber-enhancements and Araki reset the power system from 2 to 3 (adding stands) and then again 3 to 4 (removing vampires/nerfing Jotaro.)

I agree that power creep will always be a problem. If shounen shit were realistic, then fighters would peak after a certain age and begin declining physically. But a serial written that way would (again) be closer to a sports manga, since you'd be following "careers" within the anime fighting industry or whatever.
RAPEMAN wrote: