Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:52 pm

Well the actual IRL concerts get their cash through tickets (plus merch, of course). For last year's Miku Expo (aka the concerts for baka gaijins, unlike Magical Mirai and Snow Miku which are Nihon-only) they decided to crowdfund it and then just stream it for free.

But apparently that wasn't enough, even though they've more than met their funding goal and the gig was shorter than the usual concert.
Fuck, it should've been fucking perfect. We've had two Miku concerts in Krautland already, but then this FUCKING virus had to show up and REEEEEEEEE~
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:52 am

I've been watching Laughing Salesman. It's pretty great. May as well be a DHI show. Every episode is the same.

-some random person has a personal problem, usually to do with the opposite sex but not always
-Laughing Salesman shows up and offers to help
-Salesman-san provides a magical cure and attaches a condition to it
-the person he's helping fails to keep the condition, sometimes because LS is actively sabotaging him
-LS shows up and curses them to Bad End

The other alternative is the person LS is helping will obey the condition and end up with a different ending. Sometimes it's a good ending, sometimes not.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:19 pm

Do you mean the original animu? The new animu? The live-action version?

Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:30 pm

Like i wrote in a previous comment, Osomatsu-San is the only one of these remakes that was successful because they changed it and made it more like Gintama.
And it's pretty obvious that the idea of the 6 twins (who didn't have different personalities and looks in the original, and were secondary characters in their own show while Iyami was the unofficial protagonist -kinda like Homer replaced Bart and Randy Marsh replaced Cartman & friends) growing up into 6 useless NEETs who leech off their parents and do everything in their power to avoid responsibility and getting a job, and the idea of the pure-hearted waifu growing up into a narcissistic cunt, who only pretends to be nice for attention, resonate with the entire weebshit community, both in and outside of Japan.

I've only watched a couple of episodes of the remake of LS when it came out and i've lost interest because the characters seemed more like unlucky folks who were scammed rather than malicious assholes who deserved to be punished.

I guess that if i want to watch the animu rendition of the clessik "you can have this, but if you break my rules the consequences will be catastrophic" i will watch Petshop of Horrors again (even though only the episode with the girl giving birth to giant carnivorous bunnies was disturbing) mainly for the soundtrack:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:40 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:19 pm
Do you mean the original animu? The new animu? The live-action version?
The original. I haven't seen any of the new series yet. The original one is great though.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Uguuboi

Post by Uguuboi » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:06 pm

Rereading Love Hina, and I've got to admit I'm still mad Keitaro didn't choose Best Girl Shinobu.

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:12 pm

Negima is better desu.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

Uguuboi

Post by Uguuboi » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:28 pm

I liked the cameltoe in Negima, but hated everything else about it. Harry Potter is gay, even when cute girls want to jump his 10yo bones

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:48 pm

And why the fuck is there a shounen tournament arc in my haremshit?
-Yours Truly

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:35 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:48 pm
And why the fuck is there a shounen tournament arc in my haremshit?
I think he wanted to make a battle shonen but had to make a battle harem because he was the Louve Hina man.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.