Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by RAPEMAN » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:13 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:52 am
Is there even a way to write shonenshit properly? You'll always run into the problem of absurd power creep, causing some random schmuck to go from barely winning a relatively realistic kumite to obliterating mountains and fighting gods.
I'd argue One Piece but it did just that.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:55 pm

Wann Piss started getting weird after every fight revolved around Haki aka ki powers.
Though at least the island setup does a great job at keeping the amount of cast members for each story arc manageable.
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:42 pm
You also have shit like JoJo and Battle Angel Alita that tried to address the power creep in different ways. Alita tied it to cyber-enhancements and Araki reset the power system from 2 to 3 (adding stands) and then again 3 to 4 (removing vampires/nerfing Jotaro.)
Araki also likes to just start over with a different cast. That probably helps, too.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:52 am
Is there even a way to write shonenshit properly? You'll always run into the problem of absurd power creep, causing some random schmuck to go from barely winning a relatively realistic kumite to obliterating mountains and fighting gods.
If you count Fullmetal Alchemist then that would be a pretty good blueprint IMO.
First of all the monthly release schedule probably helped a lot. There just wasn't enough in-universe time for things to get too autistic.
The power system's also pretty straightforward. Everyone's using alchemy to transmutate shit, but since you have to prepare a transmutation circle for every different trick you wanna pull off every alchemist (except for the Main Manlet who's cheating) specializes in one main combat gimmick. It's a bit like Fairy Fail in that way, except there's an actual explanation why everyone's so hyper-specialized.
But most importantly there's not an actual power creep going on. The only one of the main cast that gets any kind of actual power-up is Alphonse (and the terrorist guy and the Chinese dude if you want to be pedantic I guess, and maybe that ninja chick but that was more of a win-some-lose-some deal). Everyone else just keeps using their usual tools.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:16 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:21 am
The problem with Takahashi's mango is they turn into carbon copies of Ranma 1/2 after a while. The same endless "wacky hijinks" story with soap opera drama which goes on forever until finally wrapping up with a "lol wacky ending that confirms status quo haha."
SpoilerShow
Mermaid Saga and Maison Ikkoku are exceptions. Urusei Yatsura isn't, but that's also the only manga she wrote where "wacky hijinks" works.
It helps to look at her stuff as sitcoms, because that's exactly what they are. I think with Urusei Yatsura, it's obviously a sitcom. Ranma made things more complicated with its shonen fighting elements and other things and made it seem like there was more to it than "status quo". There was also the theme of finding a cure for their condition, which obviously couldn't happen because it would end the show. And then she didn't do this for the manga's ending and just had a non-ending instead.
お前はもう死んでいる。

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:16 am

I forgot that In-you-yawsha is what got me to listen to SEB proper.
I was going through SEB tracklistings and I saw on volume 118 they had "that song from Inuyasha?"
What I'm trying to say is Inyuyasher will always be a lifelong bad influence on a certain generation of weebs.
I'm sorry everyone.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:08 am

Don't worry. Being influend by Eeh-nuu-yashaw is punishment enough.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:50 am

Inu Shibe Jewsha taught me that animu is a waste of time and gay.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:07 am

If you still believe that the power of animu can't embiggen everything, let me show you how horse racing looks like after a hefty dose of animu:
-Yours Truly

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:16 am

Jesus Christ, two bombs weren't enough.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:11 pm

I'm pretty sure 3+ bombs would've just resulted in more Boku no Pico.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:14 pm

Boku no Radiation Mutant
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome