Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:11 am

Man, Linkara would splooge his pants over this if Hasbro was still allowed to use new Sentai footage.
Cringy Sentai SpergShow
And I know this show has this weird gimmick where 4 members of the team are robots that look like past giant robots, but why the fuck is their 6th Ranger a golden Gokaiger? At least the team leader only looks similar to Akarenger instead of being a straight-up palette swap.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:47 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:00 pm
And professionally cheap.
you're moms cheap

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:05 am

SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:37 pm

So there's a new Getter Robo anime out called Getter Robo Arc.
I'm not really familiar with the franchise. But this is obviously a sequel series.
What are the previous shows in this continuity?
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:49 pm

Wikipedia tells me it's related to Go and Shin.
It's mostly about combiner robots beating up stuff. You'll probably be fine.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:57 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:37 pm
So there's a new Getter Robo anime out called Getter Robo Arc.
I'm not really familiar with the franchise. But this is obviously a sequel series.
What are the previous shows in this continuity?
I may or may not have watched the first two og series when i was a kid in the 80s.
Back then it was a mecha animu for kids, starring a combiner robot formed by 3 jets which assumes 3 different forms, fighting an invading civilization of humanoid reptiles evolved from dinosaurs.

The series that i remember very well is Shin Getter Robot Armageddon (SGR The Last Day in Italy), the ultra-violent, ultra-gory, ultra-grimdark reboot/sequel with Devilman and Violence Jack references that all the modern SRW games contain.
It replaces the original Invaders with aliens similar to John Carpenter's The Thing, it starts with the female pilot of the team dying during a combination maneuver, her father professor Saotome (the inventor of the robot and father figure of the gang) blaming the pilot of Getter 1 (Ryoma, the original protagonist) and 2 (Hayato) of her death, and Ryoma being sent to jail after Saotome apparently is murdered in mysterious circumstances.
Musashi, the pilot of Getter 3 who canonically died to save the day in the og show, is still alive but not for long, and after some episodes the world goes through a Fist of the North Star-like apocalypse.
Watch it.

I know that other series were made, supposedly to continue the first two seasons, but i never watched them.
I watched the first episode of Arc, and i see that the son of Ryoma (who desn't look like Ryoma at all) is the new protag, an old Hayato is the new Saotome, i don't know what is going on nor what those new shitty invaders are.
Last edited by Complicity on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:04 pm

Arc is the last series in Ken Ishikawa's manga continuity. It wasn't finished because Ken Ishikawa had a heart attack on the golf course. Technically it ended because the magazine it was serialized in was cancelled but he didn't pick it back up between cancellation and heart attack time.
What I'm trying to say is just read the manga you dumb asshole.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:13 pm

Complicity wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:57 pm
The series that i remember very well is Shin Getter Robot Armageddon (SGR The Last Day in Italy), the ultra-violent, ultra-gory, ultra-grimdark reboot/sequel with Devilman and Violence Jack references that all the modern SRW games contain.
It replaces the original Invaders with aliens similar to John Carpenter's The Thing, it starts with the female pilot of the team dying during a combination maneuver, her father professor Saotome (the inventor of the robot and father figure of the gang) blaming the pilot of Getter 1 (Ryoma, the original protagonist) and 2 (Hayato) of her death, and Ryoma being sent to jail after Saotome apparently is murdered in mysterious circumstances.
Musashi, the pilot of Getter 3 who canonically died to save the day in the og show, is still alive but not for long, and after some episodes the world goes through a Fist of the North Star-like apocalypse.
Watch it.
I'd say "Alternate universe sequel" describes it better.
I don't think it replaces the invaders as much as there was a whole invasion by new aliens sometime between the end of the original show and whenever Armageddon takes place. In this continuity the Getter Robo G (aka the 2nd generation Getter) never really takes off because of the little maneuver accident (which is explained a bit later than the beginning, just to keep people a bit in the dark about wtf happened).
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:08 pm

Shin Getter Robot Armageddon is one of my favorite mecha anime. How many series begin with the destruction of the entire planet and then move on from that point? I love the first story arc for that reason. The show starts at 11 and never lets up.

I watched some of the other getter reboot stuff, but none of it was as good as Armageddon. I have that boxset around here somewhere. Bought it a decade ago or earlier, when I was still watching animu.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:27 am

Today, I saw a car covered in anime girl illustrations and it made me think of VoiceofReasonsPast.

It also made me wonder what the hell does a group of greasy mechanics think when you take a car like that in for a muffler repair?