Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Dehbashi

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Dehbashi » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:10 pm

Dehbashi wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:34 am
Well it was announced today that Pokemon is going to throw Ash Ketchum and Pikachu to the wayside. There is going to be a 11 episode special starting at the beginning of next year to wrap their story then start the new anime with new protagonists.
So I have been watching this final special with Ash and Pikachu and it's been hot garbage.

So far 9 episodes have come out and they have been a waste of time. The only important episodes for the story is episode 1, where Ash helps a Latias, and the end of 9, when the same Latias asks for Ash's help to save a Latios. Episodes 2 and 3 can be important if you want to know how Misty and Brock join Ash. But episodes themselves are not interesting. The rest is just cliche helping a random Pokemon in trouble crap.

Now in regards to Nostalgia bait, it has only really been about the Pokemon that has been shown in the series itself. Ash has a different set of Pokemon he has caught with him in each episode so far except Pikachu. He obviously has had that each episode. There are no names of towns where the gang entered whatsoever. And the only old companion who has appeared has been Dent, one of the cooking triplets from Black and White. But the companion part isn't surprising. I never really watched Journeys but Ash's companions popped up in that show all the time. They probably thought it was stupid to do that gimmick again.

I really do feel like the production company was like oh shit at episode 9 realizing that they have done jack shit for a story and added a little bit at the end of 9. Which is why it feels rushed. Oh yeah also Jesse, James and Meowth break up at the end of 9. That even was rushed. There is no buildup that they were having issues during the whole special then oh let's whine about how the other ones screwed up and split.

Let's hope they do something competent for the final 2 episodes because I have not been impressed by them.

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:26 pm

Dehbashi wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:10 pm
The only important episodes for the story is episode 1, where Ash helps a Latias, and the end of 9, when the same Latias asks for Ash's help to save a Latios.
....didn't they already do this with the 5th movie around 20 years ago?
EDIT: They did.
SpoilerShow
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:50 pm

Dehbashi wrote:
So I have been watching this final special with Ash and Pikachu and it's been hot garbage.
I'm sure it brings great shame to the otherwise spotless reputation of the Pokemon animu plot (aka weird-ass bastardization of what little plot the games have).

But are you really surprised they have no idea how to end that which was never supposed to end? Even shounen animu writers with a clear climax to write towards keep failing at sticking that final landing.
The Pokemon animu has the classic problem of cast bloat (there's no chance in hell all your precious characters will show up), but at least not the other classic problem of too many sub-plots.
I guess the latter might be a problem in reverse: The Pokemon animu is just filler. There's nothing meaningful anymore to show.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:57 pm

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:26 pm
Dehbashi wrote:
The only important episodes for the story is episode 1, where Ash helps a Latias, and the end of 9, when the same Latias asks for Ash's help to save a Latios.
....didn't they already do this with the 5th movie around 20 years ago?
EDIT: They did.
SpoilerShow
Yeah they did. It's one of the reasons why I didn't get them doing it.

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:34 pm

Pokemon Heroes < Sonic Heroes
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:38 pm

There's nothing quite like a klessik Sanic OST.

What does the Pokeymen animu have? That one OG English opening song that's not even any good? Even the Digimen animu has a better track record.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:12 am

That Digimon dub intro is fucking awful - and there aren’t even any lolis, do better - VORP.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:23 am

Now the Kraut dub is an entirely different beast because they just ported over the songs as well.

-Yours Truly

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:37 pm

See - that isn’t bad.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:29 pm

Digimon > Pok-e-gay
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.