Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:46 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:00 pm
While tbf, there's plenty of places that still use Windows 7 and especially XP, a 💾 is pretty out there. Then again the Nips also still use flip phones and Nintendo's online service used like Windows 98 or even 95, I can't remember which.
That's nothing. The Japanese still use fucking fax machines

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:26 pm

How many modern hackers can still hack faxes and floppies? It's genius, really.
JL Unlimited wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:31 pm
Can’t wait to see how they fuck this up.
10 bux that either Lum or Ataru will get an underaged sister (wearing the same outfit as Lum, of course) so the story can be updated to modern haremshit standards.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:34 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:46 pm
Moe Bitches wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:00 pm
While tbf, there's plenty of places that still use Windows 7 and especially XP, a 💾 is pretty out there. Then again the Nips also still use flip phones and Nintendo's online service used like Windows 98 or even 95, I can't remember which.
That's nothing. The Japanese still use fucking fax machines
Again, not surprising and far from Japan exclusive.
I bet your local power plant uses Win 95 or 98 as well. A lot of the old, reliable technology runs DOS even and anything newer than XP can't communicate with it.

We're talking about computers and terminals that have to process kilobytes of data and have months or years of uptime. Why upgrade?
Our butcher scales ran on DOS, the main server on XP, the network PC on Win 2000 Server Edition and the cash registers on Linux, as they had uptimes of years on end.
Go ahead and just imagine running Win 10 for five years straight.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:42 pm

It's just too much work to replace the old shit that works with newer and fancier stuff. That's the main reason why COBOL experts are still in demand.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:21 pm

Yeah by itself it's not unusual to see outdated technology. I know parts of the US government have XP as.abest as well.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:18 am

I don't blame them. Post XP Windows is bloated as all hell. All these unnecessary popups, features and updates that can absolutely fuck up your files.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:58 am

At least use a minimalistic Linux distro if you need reliability without bloating, jeez. I remember Windows XP being a piece of shit that required routine reinstallation because it would get bloated with time and start crashing everything, every time. And the copy I had to reinstall even had some sort of bug that it couldn't get an IP address from a DHCP provider, you had to manuallyvconfigure the machine's IP on the router and then on XP itself. Awful garbage.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:47 pm

That's because you did something with it. If all it has to do is communicate with some ultra basic, old technology running DOS, it runs for years and years no problem.
We're talking computers here that run a single program and nothing else - without interruption.

Why would anyone ever replace it unless it breaks?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:59 pm

JL Unlimited wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:31 pm

Can’t wait to see how they fuck this up.
When was the last time Rumiko ever wrote anything remotely good & wasn't just a recycled rehash of an earlier story?

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:07 pm

At least In You Yawsha had good music.