Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
CuckTurdginson

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by CuckTurdginson » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:33 am

Speaking of Gay J-Pop - I watched the Evangelion rebuild movies, which I thought were mostly ok. The last one is probably the best one, but their use of music through all four never beats the Third Impact from EoE, which is like a fucking Pink Floyd album.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:59 pm

I liked that happy child song that played when RebuildAsuka got mauled.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:00 pm

Mobile Suit Gungang: The Bitch of Venus has a prologue.

Bloody hell those Gundam pilots just keep getting younger and younger. Also probably the weirdest eyebrows of any Gundam MC.
Baseline main Gundam power level seems a bit batshit, considering it has both
  • some kind of Psycho-Frame / whatever you call that interface shit from Iron-Blooded Virgins again
  • not just Funnels, but those crazy-ass Bits from the 00 movie that can combine into whatever the fuck you want
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:20 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:00 pm
Also probably the weirdest eyebrows of any Gundam MC.
Seems they're going for the "Hikimayu" look for extra kawaii points.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:02 pm

I don't think it's working.
waifu post-prologueShow
-Yours Truly

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:47 pm

So with the new Gungan animu looking not like complete dogshit atm, how about more Makoto Shinkai sperging?
You wanna know the worst part about him doing the same movie over and over again? He also keeps doing the same ending over and over again.

"Woe is me, I can no longer be with my (aromantic) waifu. Time to go back to my boring Japanese life again."
(Timeskip)
"It has been X years, and I just so happen to run into my (aromantic) waifu again. Let's end this movie before this joyful reunion can get properly going!"

That's it. If you're watching a Shinkai flick, there's a greater than 90% chance it will end like this.

This was extra lazy in Weathering with You 'cause it was just 3 years and the main characters didn't actually visible age. Usually these timeskips are long enough that the MCs are adults when they meet again. Guess he needs them younger for a gratuitous cameo in his next movie.
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:54 pm

I prefer what they did in Poco's Udon World, where the main character happens to find his high school crush after many years... to find she's happily married and has a daughter, of course. Dreams destroyed! Very nice.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:19 pm

I'd say the only who breaks the mold is the MC from 5 Centimeters per Second. He's the only one who potentially scored (then again he's a Shinkai character, and if anyone is wasting a golden opportunity with his waifu in a shed in the dead of winter, it's a Shinkai character; also I think they were like 14 at that time, so that might be another strike against my headcanon), and by the time they randomly reunite after several timeskips, they're both just going "Oh yeah, my stupid high school crush. Never mind."
-Yours Truly

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:25 am

I think I've found the only contemporary Lovecraft adaptations that actually respect the source material.
They're from Glorious Nihon, of course (where the Call of Cthulhu RPG sells more than in the rest of the world combined).
So, meet Gou Tanabe:
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:29 pm

Nice penis monster.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome