Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:46 am

Most anime is shit, but the few animus that aren't shit are breddy gudd. Like Votoms and Fist of the North Star.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:30 am

I'm sure Fist of the North Star is much better when your arthritis isn't acting up and you've taken your dementia meds.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:57 pm

God-fucking-dammit, I accidentally watched a Makoto Shitkai film (Cuckening with You). Should've figured as much once the movie started stringing together shitty J-Pop music videos for no reason (he's no doubt rying to repeat his smash hit Your Soy).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:10 pm

He's one of the "greatest modern Japanese directors ever," according to some anime Jewtubers. The guy can't escape the shadow of "Distant Star," which is why he's continuously remade it under a different skin + title.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:35 pm

I want to kick him to a distant star and never hear his voice again.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:34 am

I've never seen any of his stuff. Am I missing anything?
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:17 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:34 am
It's just the same story over and over again, except each retelling has more generic animu shticks as Shinkai keeps selling out.
They aren't even good romance animu, or as the great Tomino himself once said:
Tomino wrote:Stories about a boy and a girl who are always stretching out their hands towards each other, and yet the boy's hand never reaches the girl's crotch.
It's even better in Cuckening with You since the main waifu's little brother gets more pussy than the MC ever will.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:30 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:34 am
Not much, really. Shinkai was originally a vidya animator for Falcom before he moved on to filmmaking, only that he can't seem to move away from the same recycled plot beats of "Hoshi no Koe" (i.e. he makes teen romance dramas always involving two lovers separated by some distance via a plot-contrived circumstance). "Children Who Chase Lost Voices" was a departure from that pattern, but no one remembers it. Every subsequent film thereafter reuses the same similar color palettes + art style since then. Purdy animation, but that's it. "Your Name" is his most overrated work. Once you've seen one, you've essentially seen most of them.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:31 am

All these anime "auteurs" (autists) who try to make anime with (((DEEP PLOTS))) inevitably shovel out shit. The best animus are movies like Redline. Movie took 10 years to make because the people creating it were dedicated to the showing off the slickest hand-drawn art you've ever seen. The story of redline isn't particularly deep, but it doesn't have to be. Most animu with deep plots fumble the execution. Simple plots executed well hold up.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:43 am

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:30 am
Not much, really. Shinkai was originally a vidya animator for Falcom before he moved on to filmmaking, only that he can't seem to move away from the same recycled plot beats of "Hoshi no Koe" (i.e. he makes teen romance dramas always involving two lovers separated by some distance via a plot-contrived circumstance). "Children Who Chase Lost Voices" was a departure from that pattern, but no one remembers it. Every subsequent film thereafter reuses the same similar color palettes + art style since then. Purdy animation, but that's it. "Your Name" is his most overrated work. Once you've seen one, you've essentially seen most of them.
Your Name probably has the mother of all plot-contrivances in the form of the magical time travel body-swap shit that makes the main characters conveniently forget about each other at dramtically convenient moments.
I guess there's some explanation burried in the movie about magical comets, kami and/or bloodlines, but it's really just Makoto pulling some kind of Duck Amuck, except the characters sadly never notice they're stuck in a Shinkai flick.

And then Weathering with You comes with some egotistical MC who dooms Tokyo so he can... hold hands with his waifu 3 years later. Fucker doesn't even get a single kiss out of it.

Damn, I wanted to sperg about Shinkai's hack usage of music for emotional moments, but I can't even find a full clip of that falling scene from Weathering with You that isn't either too short or just an AMV (that's what you get for making your scenes basically music videos to begin with). That scene has like really amateurish moment where the camera zooms out like crazy and the whole animu basically stops for a few seconds so it can sync up the big emotional climax with the climax of the gay J-Pop song that's playing. JFC.
-Yours Truly