Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 21, 2023 8:33 pm

The third episode of I Can't Remember The Name Of This Fucking Show (let's call it Not-Decade for now).

So the main gimmick - besides murder-powered dimensional travel - appears to be visiting weird-ass worlds like something out of Twilight Zone or certain episodes of TOS, like in this case a world where everyone has telepathy and actual talking is haram.
I'd say this is a step up from when Decade had to visit these weird bastardized versions of previous Heisei Riders.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun May 21, 2023 10:01 pm

It looks fucking awful.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 21, 2023 10:15 pm

It probably has the budget of your average Channel Awesome movie.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Sun May 21, 2023 10:27 pm

And yet, it still looks better than the past 10+ years of American """cinema""" combined.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun May 21, 2023 11:56 pm

Oh BTW, a Hollywood adaptation of Saint Seiya came out a week or so ago and 💣BOMBED💣 hard. Brad Jones is the only one I've seen that even bothered to review it.

お前はもう死んでいる。

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Mon May 22, 2023 12:37 am

When is Toei gonna learn you can't sell Seiya to white people?
A live action movie, a failed Netflix CGI series, the DiC dub.
It's just not habbening.

I regret not finishing the manga, I dropped it for no reason at all.
AFAIK Japan has over six gorilion failed rivivals and sequels too.
Like their own CGI movie that was forgotten, a 2D movie that was supposed to be part of manga canon but bombed and they never made the planned sequels, OVA sequels where they go to Hell but it's dragged out for over six gorillion episodes to sell toys. And they fired the voice cast.
Omega is supposed to be like out beloved pedowood reboots where they shit on the original cast.

As dumb as this is (as you should never want to be a "fanatic") it's weird to think that you could probably not be called a "Seiya-head" if you only knew the source material. Like its the one that matters but then you presumably gotta consoom all this other nonsense to know what the franchise is all about.
I feel the same way about Hokuto no Ken where I never engaged with the franchise much outside of the manga and the 1986 movie.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon May 22, 2023 2:08 am

Keep Saint Seya to Latin America where it truly belongs! I still remember the mad fever that it was when they first showed it here in 1993. It introduced a whole generation of kids to animu (not mango thought, that took until the 2000s when a company decided to publish Dragon Ball translating directly from the Japanese manga - a bold strategy that actually worked and kickstarted a huge influx of titles). The Bandai action figures just disappeared from the shelves as soon as they got restocked. And boys would beat the shit of each other in the playgrounds wearing cardboard armor. Good times.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 22, 2023 5:36 am

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 10:27 pm
And yet, it still looks better than the past 10+ years of American """cinema""" combined.
I'm pretty sure there's no Applebee's in Japan, so the catering costs must be more manageable.
ebin namefag wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 12:37 am
When is Toei gonna learn you can't sell Seiya to white people?
A live action movie, a failed Netflix CGI series, the DiC dub.
It's just not habbening.
You'd think they did not have the rights for DBZ with this obsession to make this B-lister a thing.
Omega is supposed to be like out beloved pedowood reboots where they shit on the original cast.
I can't be mad at Omega 'cause it has the same character designer (and occasionally the same producer and director) as HeartCatch Pretty Cure, the greatest mahoushit that ever was and ever will be.
Really bold and dynamic designs, I wonder what he's doing nowad...
>character designer for the Boku No Pico Academia anime, aka copying the horrible designs from the manga
Fuck.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon May 22, 2023 6:11 am

Saint Seiya is pretty based for an action anime. But I only ever read the mango.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Mon May 22, 2023 1:59 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 2:08 am
Keep Saint Seya to Latin America where it truly belongs! I still remember the mad fever that it was when they first showed it here in 1993. It introduced a whole generation of kids to animu (not mango thought, that took until the 2000s when a company decided to publish Dragon Ball translating directly from the Japanese manga - a bold strategy that actually worked and kickstarted a huge influx of titles). The Bandai action figures just disappeared from the shelves as soon as they got restocked. And boys would beat the shit of each other in the playgrounds wearing cardboard armor. Good times.
This is off topic but I really liked Cybersix. I wish the comic had a true English adaptation.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.