Wrassling Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Wrassling Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 22, 2021 3:17 am

I will just delete the next post including that guy. He is not relevant to anything. I almost believe that this is self promotion.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 22, 2021 6:14 am

"I'm glad this fucker is dead!"

#TheRightSideOfHistory
#WereTheGoodGuys

EDIT: And how the fuck does Rachel feel about the Ultimate Warrior? Does she know that he was one of @TheSpoonyOne's most favorite wrestlers? Dude even made a loving parody of him, and gave him a touching send-off after his death.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat May 22, 2021 6:37 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 6:14 am
And how the fuck does Rachel feel about the Ultimate Warrior?
She doesn't know who that is.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 22, 2021 10:31 am

Guest wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 6:37 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 6:14 am
And how the fuck does Rachel feel about the Ultimate Warrior?
She doesn't know who that is.
I don't know if you're serious but I could see that.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:18 am

So CM Punk is back. He went to AEW and challenged apparent Sting Jr. to a match.

I'm....actually indifferent to this. For a few reasons:

a) I just don't give a shit about wrestling these days. I'm happy smark heaven is on the rise and is kind of presenting a legitimate threat to WWE, but I just don't have time for it anymore.

b) That promo was NOT a pipebomb. It was a typical put another guy over promo. What other pipebomb promos can he even make at this point? He said all he could say about WWE on the Colt Cabana podcast. Not to mention that the idea of the pipebomb loses water when the whole thing was on WWE's watch anyway. It wasn't him going off script. Punk from 2011-2014 was just as much WWE's making as it was Phil's.

c) Speaking of putting people over, that's kind of all Punk can do at this point can't he? I mean sure you could make him the face of your company but he's in his 40s now, and unlike Hulk Hogan who did like 3 moves and worked more psychological matches, Punk did ROH, and just about every other smark high ranking matches which means high spots galore and more damage to the body than matches 20-30 years ago. Wasn't that the reason he retired in the first place? And then of course.....

d) ....there's the failed stint in the UFC. The nigga lost twice. He lost a lot of credibility with that. Every big man mark is gonna be on him like flies to shit with that.

It would be funny if Punk as champion would be what overtakes WWE in ratings IF they ever do that.

Also, the Summer of Punk was 10 fucking years ago. Jesus.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:07 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:18 am
I'm....actually indifferent to this.
Because he's a washed up MMA loser. The only thing he can do now is call out WWE fans for rightfully being gay, while trying to overlook the hypocrisy of his own product.

Too many autists ruined the "sport," while MMA and other" sports took the shit that worked and added the stakes of an actual punchfight.

Right now you can turn on UFC or an athlete's instagram and see them cussing and calling each other out, uncensored.
While meanwhile idiot daughter and doofus son-in-law write a show involving faggy dancing and women pretending to be tough.

The Vince of twenty years ago wouldn't have given a single shit about any of that bullshit. He'd go right for a hilarious lack of taste.
You'd already have a Taliban heel faction on Raw this week allied with the Covid Ministry, opposed by Randy Orton and the Proud Boys.
Roman Reigns would come out wearing an Antifa flag along with his stupid riot gear, and get squashed each week.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:50 am

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:07 am
You'd already have a Taliban heel faction on Raw this week allied with the Covid Ministry, opposed by Randy Orton and the Proud Boys.
Roman Reigns would come out wearing an Antifa flag along with his stupid riot gear, and get squashed each week.
I'd watch that.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:31 am

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:07 am

Too many autists ruined the "sport"
This is the main reason Wrestling will never have a boom period, even though AEW doing well and the indies rising (before Covid) was still good overall for Wrestling, in particular the wrestlers themselves. It has turned into a nerd hobby now when before plenty of normies liked it, Jim Cornette was right when he said the people who watch MMA now are the people who would have watched Wrestling in the 80s.

While most of the wrestlers are athletic someone (can't remember who) nailed it when they said that they look like swimmers. A swimmer may be athletic but they don't look like they can kick your ass, and it's because a lot of the guys wrestling today are nerds who hit the gym but haven't been in any fights. There are plenty of exceptions of course but if you take the average MMA fighter and put them next to an average wrestler the MMA guy will look tougher and more of a threat unless he is significantly smaller.

I'm not talking size either, Big Man marks are literal fucking boomers in the industry who completely ignore that Connor McGregor is the biggest draw in MMA and that guy makes the "Vanilla Midgets" Kevin Nash talked about look like giants. Floyd Mayweather was the biggest draw in boxing and is tiny as well, heavyweight boxing has made a bit of a comeback but that was because Tyson Fury and Joshua ended the reign of terror of the Klitschko's, and they have charisma but they aren't the only draw like they used to be when Tyson was big and prior. What those boomer fucks are trying to articulate but can't because they are stupid is that the wrestlers don't look tough and aren't believable, size is only a factor in that not the whole thing.
Pope Corky III wrote:

a) I just don't give a shit about wrestling these days. I'm happy smark heaven is on the rise and is kind of presenting a legitimate threat to WWE, but I just don't have time for it anymore.
I stopped watching during Covid since wrestling looks stupid with no crowd. I know it's kind of back now but I'm honestly just waiting for Covid to completely end to get back into it. And even then wrestling can be a fucking commitment, it's why I liked New Japan so much because you could watch it once a month and be all caught up.
c) Speaking of putting people over, that's kind of all Punk can do at this point can't he? I mean sure you could make him the face of your company but he's in his 40s now, and unlike Hulk Hogan who did like 3 moves and worked more psychological matches, Punk did ROH, and just about every other smark high ranking matches which means high spots galore and more damage to the body than matches 20-30 years ago. Wasn't that the reason he retired in the first place?
Keep in mind he is not in WWE anymore where they work 4-5 matches a fucking week and destroy their bodies. He needed a god damn break as even then he was getting too old for that shit, and of course he was bitter because Bury H fucked him over hard and ruined his momentum. That was the most egotistical and dumbest thing HHH has done, he was so over and you need to strike when the iron is hot in wrestling since momentum is everything but that stupid fuck felt nostalgic for 2003 when he ruined Booker T and RVD's careers. Undertaker taped his fists and threatened to kill HBK if he tried that shit against Austin because he knew Austin had to win that night or the company would die. Verne Gagne tried to bribe the Iron Sheik into breaking Hogan's leg in the match because he knew it would fuck Hogan, and therefore the WWFs, momentum. Winning it later as a consolation prize means nothing and HHH knows enough about the history of wrestling to know what the hell he is doing. "Based H" my fucking ass, smarks are idiots.

Anyway, working a lighter schedule will mean he can at least go and he does have value in big matches against Kenny Omega and others. Once the dream matches are done he should either fade into the mid card or have a proper retirement match since I don't think he would have that long to go and he won't be what he was.
But when was the last time wrestling was that relevant since then? That's why people are nostalgic for that shit, it could have been a turning point in wrestling but Vince and HHH fucked it.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:01 am

Saying Punk should just put people over because he’s 40 is the same logic that led to Randy Savage being put on commentary in 92.

ban

Post by ban » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:11 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:31 am
Pope Corky III wrote:

I stopped watching during Covid since wrestling looks stupid with no crowd. I know it's kind of back now but I'm honestly just waiting for Covid to completely end to get back into it. And even then wrestling can be a fucking commitment, it's why I liked New Japan so much because you could watch it once a month and be all caught up.
I'm all out of the New Japan loop, last I remember was that Takahashi got a new theme at the tune of "GO ACE!", Okada announced that he married a chubby voice actress, famous for having big boobs and voicing big boobs bitches on the 3DS, while Naito had to channel even more of his disdain and bitterness to facefuck Okada and get the Heavyweight title from the hands of that Duel Masters otaku.
Poonoo wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:31 am
But when was the last time wrestling was that relevant since then? That's why people are nostalgic for that shit, it could have been a turning point in wrestling but Vince and HHH fucked it.
Reminds me of this, honestly :

With how the guy says how much wrestling boomed back then due to the Punk-Cena Pipebomb drama and he's probably right as well, last time the fucking Late Night Shows even aknowledged wrestling was back when Goldberg, Undertaker and fucking Shawn Michaels were called over to them and before anyone brings up that, also when everyone hated wrestling due to the Benoit incident and because CNN told them to hate it or whatever that bullshit campaign was about, where they tried to have Jericho slip and "admit" on tv that Benoit was some cold blooded super killer or some shit.

PS : Edited because I'm fucking stupid and don't spellcheck when I write.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow