Rick and Morty, SJW front

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Re: Rick and Morty, SJW front

Post by Old Black Man » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:23 am

pibbs wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:14 am
Old Black Man wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:06 am
lots of words...Venture Bros is a fucking brilliant series, it’s grossly underrated and so intricately woven that I can forgive the long hiatuses the creators pull... lots more words
Good analysis on these shows. I'm surprised Venture Bros wasn't as big as Rick and Morty. Perhaps Brock's manliness scared away the cucks, feminists, and autistic man children.
Brock is the shit, it's good to see Patrick Warburton not wasted like he is on shit like Family Guy. The theme of Venture Bros is failure and broken dreams, but somehow it manages to be more optimistic and likable than Rick and Morty. Just look at Hank, he's whimsical, optimistic, and takes everything in stride, a good example when Dean reveals that they're clones.

Rick and Morty will never achieve this level of humanity, no matter how "deep" it tries to be.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:28 am

I kinda miss that Johnny Quest style they were going for but I understand that it needed to evolve into its own style.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:36 am

Plus it's drawn in a nicer style than R and M. I hate the Adventure Time style. Credit, R&M have nice backgrounds and the aliens are drawn nice, just the main characters are bland.

I often wonder if a modern show drawn in a Calvin and Hobbes style would even appeal to this new generation.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:42 am

pibbs wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:36 am
Plus it's drawn in a nicer style than R and M. I hate the Adventure Time style. Credit, R&M have nice backgrounds and the aliens are drawn nice, just the main characters are bland.

I often wonder if a modern show drawn in a Calvin and Hobbes style would even appeal to this new generation.
I’d be down with that, I love me some Calvin and Hobbes.

I know people give the pseudo anime look shit but I still think Avatar The Last Airbender had some beautiful animation. I’m into asian folklore and mythology, so maybe I’m biased, but it worked for me.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:48 am

Avatar worked with what it was going for. The fact they didn't cut a shit-ton of corners on the animation helped.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:52 am

I agree, but I also like thick outlined cartoons as well as cel animation look, you know with more muted colors, the xerography/brushes, and the drop shadows that really makes it stand out, (like how the Simpsons did post cel but pre HD or how South Park did pre-HD or when they remastered Seasons 1-12 I believe) something I try to imitate with my trash art.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:28 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:43 pm
Then go back to /co/mlur with the rest of your kind. Even the lowest of the yellow bugman has more standards than a westerner.
>implying i go to /co/
Go fap to Lucky Star, /a/utist.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:21 pm

pibbs wrote:
I'm surprised Venture Bros wasn't as big as Rick and Morty. Perhaps Brock's manliness scared away the cucks, feminists, and autistic man children.
Probably for the better. The Venture Bros. fanbase are the most chill online. My only gripe with the show is that it takes forever for a new season to come. I was starting college when it started and now I'm a middle-aged old fart, but they're only up to 7 seasons. I guess that's what you get when you focus on quality over quantity.

As for anime, the only shit worth watching is Hokuto no Ken.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:17 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:21 pm
pibbs wrote:
I'm surprised Venture Bros wasn't as big as Rick and Morty. Perhaps Brock's manliness scared away the cucks, feminists, and autistic man children.
Probably for the better. The Venture Bros. fanbase are the most chill online. My only gripe with the show is that it takes forever for a new season to come. I was starting college when it started and now I'm a middle-aged old fart, but they're only up to 7 seasons. I guess that's what you get when you focus on quality over quantity.

As for anime, the only shit worth watching is Hokuto no Ken.
My nigga!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:18 pm

Hokuto no Ken is just a proof of concept for Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette