Rick and Morty, SJW front

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Rick and Morty, SJW front

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:47 pm

Being garbage, allegedly on purpose, adding value has been the rallying cry of modern art for decades now.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:04 pm

Wait, what's Phaelous' take on Rick & Morty? Sounds like this show was just his style, considering his IN shtick from day one has always been "I know this IN stuff is dumb, but I'm doing it ironically and while being sarcastic about it!"
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:16 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:04 pm
Wait, what's Phaelous' take on Rick & Morty? Sounds like this show was just his style, considering his IN shtick from day one has always been "I know this IN stuff is dumb, but I'm doing it ironically and while being sarcastic about it!"
Ironically, Rick and Morty is the textbook example of mean spirited garbage that Phaelous hates so much.

Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:17 pm

That has been the most unfunny minute and a half thing I watched in a long, long time. Hell, it may have been the worst thing since the "I'm pickle Rick" clip.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:37 pm

That's just the normal reaction to R&M.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:30 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:17 pm
That has been the most unfunny minute and a half thing I watched in a long, long time. Hell, it may have been the worst thing since the "I'm pickle Rick" clip.
That’s what happens when you try to turn your writer’s room into a personal harem make your writing staff more diverse.
Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:56 pm

They can't be Den Harrow's harem unless the writing room consists of children and babies.

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:45 pm

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:52 am
Saw the finale.
Did the show ever go anywhere with Evil Morty? That was the only mildly interesting character.
I bet he was never shown again after becoming president, or his arc's conclusion and the reveal of his backstory were dumb and disappointing.

Venomous Masculinity

Post by Venomous Masculinity » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:57 pm

Complicity wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:45 pm
BenComicGraphics wrote:
Saw the finale.
Did the show ever go anywhere with Evil Morty? That was the only mildly interesting character.
I bet he was never shown again after becoming president, or his arc's conclusion and the reveal of his backstory were dumb and disappointing.
You find out that Evil Morty is just trying to escape Rick. Essentially Rick made it so all those infinite realities are the ones where he's god, making it impossible for anyone in a universe with a Rick to travel to a universe without a Rick.

So Evil Morty does some shit, you see a bunch of Ricks back story just looking for the version of him that killed his original wife and Beth, and Evil Morty escapes into the multiverse proper with his own portal gun.

There.
DHI Platinum Subscriber

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:10 pm

Complicity wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:45 pm
BenComicGraphics wrote:
Saw the finale.
The answer was Dan Harmon didn't want to give an answer. So he gave an answer, kicking and screaming, and it was the obvious answer, and told you to your face it was the obvious answer, spat in your face, told you it was shit and you'd eat it like chocolate and flipped you off while doing it.

All the theory youtubers that were jerking eachother off with theory videos just came jerking eachother off too. My god, the Rick and Morty youtubers are more toxic and worse than the Steven Universe youtubers, and those assholes went after a kid with fucking cancer.
Last edited by BenComicGraphics on Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.