Why is Ruby Rose a thing?

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Why is Ruby Rose a thing?

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:58 am

>ew.com
Appropriate URL.
>According to a casting notice reposted on Reddit — which encourages LGBTQ performers to audition — Ryan Wilder is a female in her mid-late 20s and the complete opposite of Kate Kane. "She's likable, messy, a little goofy, and untamed," reads the document. "With no one in her life to keep her on track, Ryan spent years as a drug-runner, dodging the GCPD and masking her pain with bad habits. Today, reformed and sober, Ryan lives in van with her plant. A girl who would steal milk from an alley cat and could also kill you with her bare hands, Ryan is the most dangerous type of fighter: highly skilled and wildly disciplined. An out lesbian. Athletic. Raw. Passionate. Fallible. And very much not your stereotypical All-American hero."
Glad they're doubling down on the "make her an unlikeable cunt" mandate. Real smart.
I don't know who the CW capeshit franchise is made for. I don't think the average capeshit soyboy watches them. I also am not convinced the teen girl YA demographic bothers with them. They're too busy getting spitroasted by Tyrone and Chad - nobody whose life is fun bothers with TV. Is there still a catlady Jahan-ic Superwholock tumbr crowd? Supernatural is an old show, it has legacy autism grandfathered in that new shows can't capture. I don't know why I bothered typing thee thoughts out we all know the answers.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:27 pm

It's always a great sign when showrunners tell you their new main character is unlike the previous one because they are "likeable".
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:38 pm

Being Batwoman is like a Green Lantern, then. Only a lesbian is worthy of being found and donning the suit.
Guest wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:58 am
I don't think the average capeshit soyboy watches them.
The below-average soys and tumblrinas do. Your standard IN fanbase. If you would see it lurking around a con, then yes.
The average ones just think the whole idea of capeshit (beyond the MCU) is infantile and beneath them.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:55 pm

Dammit, I was hoping for a season-long mystery arc to explain the actress switch.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:09 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:23 am
Looks like the show is doing away with the Kate Kane character altogether and replacing her with yet another lesbian character. You can't make this shit up. :lol:

https://ew.com/tv/batwoman-new-characte ... -season-2/
This is MCU-tier shit where they can't just simply recast the role but must make another character put on the costume. A lesbian too, cuz whitey is soft as fuck.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:48 am

Imagine being so much of a trash actress on the CW that you get not only get recasted, but it's a new character.

ban

Post by ban » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:21 am

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:13 pm
Read the original press releases for Kate Kane pre release. It's '50-cent syndrome'.

No mention of her military background, her training, her motivation. Just a repeat of "she's a lesbian" over and over.
For the comics or for the tv series? Because the tv series says some bullshit about her having army training and shit like that and she got to train in the antartic for one year to become Bamham IIRC but in the comics, she was drug addict of 10 years and after one week of detoxifying or something she was magically Batwahman if I remember correctly in the comics.

Sorry, I dunno what 50-cent syndrome is.
Tony Schiavone wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:38 pm
The below-average soys and tumblrinas do. Your standard IN fanbase. If you would see it lurking around a con, then yes.
The average ones just think the whole idea of capeshit (beyond the MCU) is infantile and beneath them.
Dunno if they are bellow average but the IN soys love that shit and promote her :

Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:26 am

ban wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:21 am
BenComicGraphics wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:13 pm
Read the original press releases for Kate Kane pre release. It's '50-cent syndrome'.

No mention of her military background, her training, her motivation. Just a repeat of "she's a lesbian" over and over.
For the comics or for the tv series? Because the tv series says some bullshit about her having army training and shit like that and she got to train in the antartic for one year to become Bamham IIRC but in the comics, she was drug addict of 10 years and after one week of detoxifying or something she was magically Batwahman if I remember correctly in the comics.

Sorry, I dunno what 50-cent syndrome is.
In the comic press, before she was re-introduced. The press was all about 'lesbian'.

50-Cent Syndrome, it's from a comedy bit Chris Rock did about the press around 50-Cent. "Hey Chris, you should really check out 50-Cent" "Ok, cool, what's his style like?" "He got shot 9 times" "Okay, but who produces it?" "He got shot 9 times" "What's his label?" "He got shot 9 times!"

ban

Post by ban » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:30 am

I see, thanks for clarifying.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:05 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:09 pm
A lesbian too, cuz whitey is soft as fuck.
It is integral to the entire character of Batwoman that the she is to be lesbian.
Though I hope that this time around the actress will be lesbian enough.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette