Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Guest » Fri May 14, 2021 9:07 pm

Thing is that Lucas is a smart guy. Listen to him talk about Kurosawa or Joseph Campbell or something. He really knows film. He understands the technical aspects of film-making and he understands plot elements and how they combine together and all sorts of stuff like that.

Unfortunately, he's a terrible, boring creator. He cannot write a good story really, to save his life and he's so autistic that he's not particularly good at directing the actors and getting the best performances out of the ones that weren't already experienced, accomplished actors, like Alec Guinness or Liam Neeson.

Really, he should have been a film critic. He's got a good, encyclopaedic knowledge of film. Or else he should have stuck to producing. His producer credits are much better, overall and much more accomplished, than his directing credits.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 14, 2021 9:08 pm

He could make a fortune reviewing the new trilogy on Youtube :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Fri May 14, 2021 9:10 pm

Lucas become an IN.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Fri May 14, 2021 9:11 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:08 pm
He could make a fortune reviewing the new trilogy on Youtube :lol:
He probably would, unironically, because people would pay good money to see him slate Disney Wars. His interview where he compared Disney to white slavers went viral, after all

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 14, 2021 9:13 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:10 pm
Lucas become an IN.
He'd even have plenty of material to do half-asses LPs, what with so many Star Wars games on the market.
Lucas playing Super Star Wars wrote:It's kinda... strange how Vader turns into a giant scorpion... If only I could do... one more Special Edition...
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri May 14, 2021 10:32 pm

>Georgie replaces Mike Stoklasa as THE Star Wars reviewer

I like that.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 14, 2021 10:54 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:07 pm
Thing is that Lucas is a smart guy. Listen to him talk about Kurosawa or Joseph Campbell or something. He really knows film. He understands the technical aspects of film-making and he understands plot elements and how they combine together and all sorts of stuff like that.

Unfortunately, he's a terrible, boring creator. He cannot write a good story really, to save his life and he's so autistic that he's not particularly good at directing the actors and getting the best performances out of the ones that weren't already experienced, accomplished actors, like Alec Guinness or Liam Neeson.

Really, he should have been a film critic. He's got a good, encyclopaedic knowledge of film. Or else he should have stuck to producing. His producer credits are much better, overall and much more accomplished, than his directing credits.
I don't think that anyone that isn't just a memefag would dispute that.
He knows what works when he sees it, can tell you why or why not and would actually be valuable in that regard.

It's just that he hates writing and has always hated it. Same goes for directing. That's very unfortunate for a director/writer for most of his career. That he managed to achieve good results in both capacities regardless goes to show that he isn't just some hack that got lucky.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat May 15, 2021 3:02 am

In his defense, he tried to get others to write and direct the prequels but everyone turned him down. He just wanted to focus on the technology.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 15, 2021 6:40 am

Then why did he surround himself with yes men?
-Yours Truly

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sat May 15, 2021 6:41 am

He could have probably hired someone better than Jar Jar Abrams.

When you get that famous - is drawing yes men to you avoidable? You'd like to think so.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.