Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:23 pm

He's a classic hack who thinks he's special because he has these revolutionary ideas that no one else ever had.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:31 pm

Looper was a decent film too. Strange how fast he became a hack with delusions of granduer.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:30 pm

The backlash to TLJ broke his brain. I’ll grant that Glass Onion isn’t as tryhard - but it’s pretty unsubtle, still.
I don’t know who you would’ve hired to execute some of TLJ’s theoretically promising story beats - but Reann obviously shit the bed.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:40 pm

Maybe don't hire someone with so little experience that the 200+ million budget for TLJ is more than he ever had for his past movies combined.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:08 pm

But we saw that with Jar Jar Abrams - and it was actually *worse.*
ebin namefag wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:19 pm

I was reminded of Rogue Leader recently. Felt sad for a while. Had a boomer moment, remembering a past era where most media for Star Wars was either good, excellent or forgettable-but-inoffensive. Guess you can't go home again.

"Star Wars" used to mean cool old movies and decent games. Super Star Wars. Rogue Leader. Battlefront (original.) Dark Forces. Even the kinda shit games like Shadows of the Empire were shit in an interesting and original way.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:27 pm

Jedi Knight was kino. I'm glad Kyle Katarn got erased from existence so Disney can't ruin him.
CuckTurdginson wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:08 pm
But we saw that with Jar Jar Abrams - and it was actually *worse.*
That was the "perfect" combination of having to make a sequel for TLJ and not actually being good at finishing shit.
-Yours Truly

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:21 am

Speaking of Reean - his trilogy is officially 86d. It was probably a bunch of decentish bullet points that he would have fumbled - because he’s too arrogant to see the flaws in his storytelling.
ebin namefag wrote:

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:42 am

How many nu-Wars cancellations thus far? Just recently, Damon Lindelof was let go as well. It's almost as if planning to milk the IP every year without a concrete plan & competent leadership completely backfired......
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:34 am

I’m in a Star Wars mood for some reason - watching Revenge of the Sith for the first time in 20 years.
I’ll off-road from the Plinkett videos to say - plotholes and all, this movie would probably be better if it felt less sterile, both in terms of green screen and what they’re killing - the droids as enemies are so unengaging, and the nature of the clones makes it hard to get invested in them, either - granted I haven’t seen all of Clone Wars - Lucas deserves all the shit in the world for being so fucking lazy. The pacing is also fucked - Lucas’ direction is so sleepy.
Most of the actors that know how to elevate not great material do - one nice thing is that despite Hayden’s limitations, he and Ewan honestly have pretty good chemistry together - better than I remembered. I suppose that would come from them being buddies in real life. Their dynamic is probably why I don’t mind the opening sequence so much. Shame they get separated immediately afterwards lol.
ebin namefag wrote: