Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:45 am

Newhalf wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:36 am
They're putting it like "They are destroying our myths and legends!"
Pretty sad state of affairs already if colorful brainless trash for kids replaced the good old fashioned mythology.

If only we had a book with stories that gives guide lines how to life a good life with simple commandments like thou shalt not kill and thou shalt not lie with a man as you do with a woman and thou shalt keep slaves etc
Why is it that you have both the best and the worst takes within the same posts?

But Yeah, They Desperately act like 'muh Star Whores' is this Pinnacle of Classic Mythology despite the fact that they wouldn't know what a 'Homer's Odyssey' or 'Epic of Gilgamesh' Though if they tried to pretend other wise it might turn out something like this:

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:28 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:45 am

Why is it that you have both the best and the worst takes within the same posts?
Dissociative identity disorder and or onset dementia probably ;)

Anyway, the whole thing is even more ironic when considering that this new age consoom stuff is actually what is destroying the real mythology by dumbing it down or diluting it.
See the capital sin of capeshit and norse mythology by making the gods into just retarded capeshitters (or nogs). Now that I can't forgive as the Edda is my real 'bible'.
It's a trap!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:52 am

Playing the knights of the old republic games really makes me remember that very short time period where Star Wars wasn't complete shit. It wasn't for very long, but there was a time when SW was just space-fantasy with fun ideas and dumb giant animals. Then KotoR came along and decided, "hey let's put tabletop rpg shit in this big dumb space fantasy world." And It Was Good.

Sure, the holiday special and return of the jedi both existed at that time, but nothing is perfect. The first two prequels were also out, but the series as a whole still had more good than bad. Oh, how things have changed.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:14 am

ACTUAL LEE, West End Games' most iconic Star Wars tabletop RPG has been around since 1987, using their trademark D6 System which is infinitely superior to d20 for Star Wars (even if it still has some silly bits, like Wookies being effectively blaster-proof).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:04 pm

Newhalf wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:36 am
I've grown to detest star wars so much after the prequels (fuck the memes too, they're not that great) that I unironically love Kathy for destroying it at last (Making retard spergs like doomcocksucker cry in the process is a nice bonus). A herculean task that even major hack fraud Lucas couldn't achieve. But I'm sure our girl can do it!
Maybe I don't have to see this trash everywhere until my dying days after all.

Also I did like Knites of ole Republicans 2, but it certainly helped that it stands tall by comparison to the crippled, piss stained body of what is KotoR 1.
you do realize she destroyed the OT as well right?

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:31 pm

No, that was George Lucas with his special re-re-release garbage edition crap.
But honestly, I saw the OT as a child in elementary because friends at the time had it on VHS, I was too young to have seen it in theaters.. And I really never had a desire to watch them ever again. I found them rather 'meh'. Could live without them, especially since they gave birth to endless cancer.
It's a trap!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:56 pm

The thing that strikes me about kotor 1 and 2 is how well they work as rpgs even if you don't give a shit about starwars. It's just a fantasy rpg. Almost nothing separates it from fagon age origins or ass effect 1. They even had to come up with some bullshit excuse for why vibroblades can clash with lightsabers without being destroyed, and why anyone in a science fiction world would use a normal sword at all. It directly goes against even the original trilogy, this notion that people would use knives or swords instead of blasters. But hey, they're using dungeons and dragons rules and they need a Fighter class. They couldn't just drop you in as a jedi from the start amirite? Only a super based dev would do that...

Replaying kotor 1, the shit I'm doing now is typical (good) bioware rpgshit. Fight in some arena to get money and levels. Sneak into an underground crime den and kill people. The game even talks about women being sold into servitude, groped and worse. :lol:

Edit: And not only does Kotor reveal the degradation of the Star Wars license, but also that of Bioware. They went from making some breddy gudd rpgs to a shitty AAA action game dev. Kotor 1 isn't as good as based/redpilled Kotor II, but it's still fun.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:06 pm

The EU always had a boner for cortosis blades and other non-lightsaber melee weapons that can go toe-to-toe with lightsabers, because apparently it never occured the writers to just give lightsabers to non-Force users if they so desparately want a kewl bounty hunter who can win a duel against a Jedi.
What is extremely bullshit though is that literally every other enemy in the KOTOR timeline uses a melee weapon.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:53 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:06 pm
The EU always had a boner for cortosis blades and other non-lightsaber melee weapons that can go toe-to-toe with lightsabers, because apparently it never occured the writers to just give lightsabers to non-Force users if they so desparately want a kewl bounty hunter who can win a duel against a Jedi.
What is extremely bullshit though is that literally every other enemy in the KOTOR timeline uses a melee weapon.
Like I said, this is clearly an example of pulling out some bullshit technobabble explanation so they can have an excuse for the super kewl kotor dueling animations to play while they roll dice behind the scenes. It's built off D&D, where a lot of human opponents probably would have swords, knives or spears. They even have dual vibroblades for fuck's sake. :lol:
RAPEMAN wrote:

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:43 am

Star Wars is so gay they fight with vibrators.