Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:38 am

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:48 am
Their overpriced hotel (>$3000 per night) also predictably bombed, and they're paying former guests to try and figure out why. :roll:
And they will ignore all the advice 'cause they'll hear stuff they don't want to hear.
They might cry racist and/or muh soggy knees when too many people pount out the lounge songstress being cringe af.
Moe Bitches wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:30 am
I like how they include the LGBTQ stuff in certain productions, but they end up being canned, censored or forgettable.
They don't succeed because they're shit. Why bother with quality if you're queer series is immune from criticism?

(Even if the show is not nearly as queer as you advertized.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:31 am

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:48 am
Their overpriced hotel (>$3000 per night) also predictably bombed, and they're paying former guests to try and figure out why. :roll:

https://web.archive.org/web/20220611001 ... ilure-why/
SpoilerShow
I've seen an article written by the cunt behind this amazing idea and it is as bad and cringe as you'd expect from someone that thinks people will pay 3k+ for a night in a subpar bunker hotel and eat shit food only because it has the Star Wars branch attached to it.
>I'm a left-brained and right-brained person
>I drew shitty art while also doing a course in Excel in college
>people told my idea was stupid but I sucked the right penises and vaginas and now they have to work on my idea while I smugly write this article like I'm a winner

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:32 am

While it's often argued whether all of Star Wars is and always was for children, I heard from people who somehow could stomach watching obi wan that this one is definitely very blatantly aimed at kids. They also said that it's terrible.
I could imagine children would find it boring though, like all current star wars which is devoid of fun to make room for the message.
It's a trap!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:17 pm

It comes across as being for kids because the people writing it are kids (mentally, at least).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:24 pm

They aren't even kids mentally. They are so far up their own asses that they think it's some elaborate and exciting lore they are coming up with.
Terminal Dunning-Kruger end stadium.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:52 am

I'll probably watch Hobo Juan one of these days - when I feel like it. My biggest gripe with a Sith negress is the same thing I have with everything the EU used to cram in - in ANH the Jedi are an 'ancient religion' but they're apparently running around everywhere en masse. Why didn't Vader call on Sith Negress or the other inquisitors for any of the OT?
This should be a show about Hobo Juan and Vader with a lot of good character moments between the two and a more scaled down plot. Sounds like they didn't go for that.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:51 am

TBF, that's always been a problem with Star Wars. The original trilogy treats Obi-Wan, Yoda and Luke as the only Jedi left, yet the EU (both continuities) or really anything outside the actual movies has lightsaber swingers all over the fucking galaxy.
Even Episode III all but directly states that Obi-Wan and Yoda are the only survivors, even when the EU has already established that a ton of Jedi happened to survive Order 66.
-Yours Truly

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:32 am

Man, Kenobi is really something else.
  • There's a flashback involving Episode 2 Anakin. No de-aging whatsoever was done, so apparently Obi-Wan just remembers him as being 20 years older than he actually was.
  • Apparently Vader can just block lightsabers with Force Push. That's a good trick.
  • Stabbing people with a lightsaber is indeed just a minor inconvenience. The Grand Inquisitor is apparently fine, and the Inquisitor of Color has so far been stabbed twice by Vader. I guess Qui-Gon and Han didn't try hard enough.
  • Also the Emperor, Vader and the other Inquisitors see her as a joke or something, which makes me question who the real racists are surrounding this production
-Yours Truly

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:14 pm

I think that's to set her up for a redemption arc, but how much wiggle room do you have in a fucking prequel series?
I suppose a lot when the OT isn't something to be respected anymore.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:50 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:32 am
  • There's a flashback involving Episode 2 Anakin. No de-aging whatsoever was done
SpoilerShow
They must be running low on their budget after getting their shit kicked in from the COVID park closures + the pointless $75.5B Fox purchase. I know the Florida backlash poured salt in the axe wound for 'em. :lol:
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:32 am
  • Stabbing people with a lightsaber is indeed just a minor inconvenience. The Grand Inquisitor is apparently fine, and the Inquisitor of Color has so far been stabbed twice by Vader. I guess Qui-Gon and Han didn't try hard enough.
I've noticed this for all sith & sith-adjacent characters in particular since the PT, but it seems it reinforces how the dark side really is the better choice than the light in this case. The good guys are pussies in this series (except Rey, who can do no wrong). You just have to be angry enough or go through ridiculous phases of plot-contrived keikaku to survive anything as long as you're evil.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show